LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: What improvements can LG make toward the LG 30???

Oled display, improve auto on camera and add LED notification for those clamoring for it.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Is the auto camera for everyone really that bad? I have absolutely no problem with it.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I haven't had a bit of luck capturing moving subjects with the camera. My nephew's first bday party was yesterday and I didn't get a single picture of him where his face wasn't blurry, which is pretty much the same experience I've had trying to get pictures of my two young kids indoors.

My s7e is miles ahead of the v20 in that particular situation. In good lighting (especially outdoors) shooting still subjects the camera really excels though. I don't take too many pictures so it doesn't bother me much. I'll just bring my s7e to the next family event and use that for a camera since it still syncs to my Google photos app.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Camera isn't a priority so I can't comment but as for improvements...

I want LG to work on their MARKETING because clearly they need it. The G series is great and the V is even better but it doesn't help when the V20 is exclusive to a company trying hard to compete with Bell & Rogers, Freedom Mobile. Formally known as Wind. I don't get it.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Camera isn't a priority so I can't comment but as for improvements...

I want LG to work on their MARKETING because clearly they need it. The G series is great and the V is even better but it doesn't help when the V20 is exclusive to a company trying hard to compete with Bell & Rogers, Freedom Mobile. Formally known as Wind. I don't get it.
Definitely agree about the marketing. Samsung's and Apple's commercials continue to impress and invoke the right emotions for wanting to own their products. LG's ads are kinda like ok there's this phone. The V20 commercial is at least better than those weird Jason Statham ones they aired for the G5.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

I haven't had a bit of luck capturing moving subjects with the camera. My nephew's first bday party was yesterday and I didn't get a single picture of him where his face wasn't blurry, which is pretty much the same experience I've had trying to get pictures of my two young kids indoors.

My s7e is miles ahead of the v20 in that particular situation. In good lighting (especially outdoors) shooting still subjects the camera really excels though. I don't take too many pictures so it doesn't bother me much. I'll just bring my s7e to the next family event and use that for a camera since it still syncs to my Google photos app.
You can get great photos if moving subjects with the V20 but you may have to go into manual to get the best results which everybody doesnt want to do. As long as the sunject is moving the autofocus will kind if wait to lock onto it. Never used Samsung phones in those situations so maybe they lock onto moving sunjects and fire off s shot.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

For sure the LED. And I'm hoping they always keep the batteries as removable. I just ordered a new phone with a non-removable battery and I think that is its only drawback.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

I like the phone the way it is, but since it was asked....

I'd like to see:

Additional functionality baked into the second screen - make it more interactive, more customization etc
Better low light and auto functions
Volume buttons back on the back!
Optical zoom lense

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I like the phone the way it is, but since it was asked....

I'd like to see:

Additional functionality baked into the second screen - make it more interactive, more customization etc
Better low light and auto functions
Volume buttons back on the back!
Optical zoom lense

Volume buttons back on the back...

Yes. Please!!

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

You can get great photos if moving subjects with the V20 but you may have to go into manual to get the best results which everybody doesnt want to do. As long as the sunject is moving the autofocus will kind if wait to lock onto it. Never used Samsung phones in those situations so maybe they lock onto moving sunjects and fire off s shot.

Yea I've played around with the manual controls a bit but it's not something I really want to do when trying to get shots of kids that already can't sit still lol. The problem with the v20 is it seems like by the time the af locks on they've moved again and the pic comes out blurry.

The s7 focuses pretty much instantaneously I never even looked at the manual controls on that camera. Other than the camera and the screen the v20 blows away the s7e though. I have my spare battery kit now which is awesome and my uag case took care of the mushy volume buttons so I'm a happy camper!

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

have you tried taking shots while holding the shutter button down? It will take action shots

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Volume buttons back on the back...

Yes. Please!!
Yes however with the buttons on the side I like using the volume button as a shutter button and the placement is just perfect when the buttons are facing up near your right index finger. That's my only drawback of putting the volume buttons on the back again.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Yea I've played around with the manual controls a bit but it's not something I really want to do when trying to get shots of kids that already can't sit still lol. The problem with the v20 is it seems like by the time the af locks on they've moved again and the pic comes out blurry.

The s7 focuses pretty much instantaneously I never even looked at the manual controls on that camera. Other than the camera and the screen the v20 blows away the s7e though. I have my spare battery kit now which is awesome and my uag case took care of the mushy volume buttons so I'm a happy camper!
Yes that is the case but actually if you just set the focus manually in a good range just once you can capture motion easily. But that's just how LG does things.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I like this display because it doesn't burn in like an AMOLED does... and do you keep your second screen on?
I agree. One of the things I love about the V20 is the exponentially reduced likelihood of screen burn-in.

I love the V20 as is but if wishing I would wish that the V30 had everything the V20 has plus...

* A commitment from LG of at least 2 years worth of timely Android updates.

* An even more durable build with a better protected camera lens assembly

* A notification LED

* Even better battery life in their removable battery

* Wireless fast-charging

* IP68 water resistance, heck, why not?

* Front facing stereo speakers

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Volume buttons back on the back.
Better quality of images from the front facing camera. (this could be an update of some sorts)
Bigger battery (which the Note 7 fiasco could be a reason why they kept a smaller battery this time around)
PROMO!!!!
Battery promotion, again. ;)

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Volume buttons back on the back.
Better quality of images from the front facing camera. (this could be an update of some sorts)
Bigger battery (which the Note 7 fiasco could be a reason why they kept a smaller battery this time around)
PROMO!!!!
Battery promotion, again. ;)
Man the battery and 180gb SD card promotion for the V10 is still the best deal I got with a phone. I didn't even bother with the B&O promotion since I'm not a huge fan of in ear headphones. I have a nice pair of over the ear headphones already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy