LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses it Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

For me no headphone jack isn't an issue on any phone. Mainly because I use BT whenever playing audio from the phone and I am not an audiophile so quality isn't a huge notch on my list.

True....if you strictly use Bluetooth a headphone jack is insignificant...even more so if you are not an audiophile. There are Bluetooth sets that also have a wire and when the battery runs out It's good to have the option. Also I'm sure you can use the USB port adaptor if need be. If I was running strictly Bluetooth I would probably get the G6 instead or another phone. Assuming the V30 has hifi DAC, it almost makes no sense to buy it if you won't use it unless it will have some other earth shattering feature or it simply floats your boat.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

I'm spoiled by the DAC and all of my wired headphones, both over the ear and buds. Bluetooth is good for a few things (working out, car, etc) but I prefer a quality and premium sound. And I'll take a premium wired headset/earbud over Bluetooth any day.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm spoiled by the DAC and all of my wired headphones, both over the ear and buds. Bluetooth is good for a few things (working out, car, etc) but I prefer a quality and premium sound. And I'll take a premium wired headset/earbud over Bluetooth any day.

Agreed.... Spoiled here also. I'm a fan of both worlds and like having options

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

I would never buy a phone that doesn't have a TRS jack.
I think you aren't being truthful. So later when all the manufacturer drops the trs does that mean you'll have no phone?

And eventually I see the use for USB-c as future transformation.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I think you aren't being truthful. So later when all the manufacturer drops the trs does that mean you'll have no phone?

And eventually I see the use for USB-c as future transformation.

He probably means as long as there are options to buy one. We also don't know if everyone will drop them. We also don't know if Bluetooth will improve. We also don't know if something will replace bluetooth

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Oh and Samsung Pay you can use as credit or debit, and you can get cash back. Also, Samsung Pay earns points you can collect for Prepaid visa gift cards and other stuff. It's just awesome.
Well after this discussion I went ahead and set up Android Pay on my V20 and I verified my card through my bank so I'll be going to make my first payment soon. Should be interesting.

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

He probably means as long as there are options to buy one. We also don't know if everyone will drop them. We also don't know if Bluetooth will improve. We also don't know if something will replace bluetooth
I understand but what I am trying to clarify is, sometimes it's best to move on to newer technologies. I am sure we will eventually use something better than trs and also another enhanced version of Bluetooth media connection. Gotta be prepared for that at least.

I am not condoning the what Apple did( I think they dropped it too early), however I am saying that there will always be new solutions in the future to come.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Exactly and the whole "most people don't own a pair of high impedance headphones" is nullified by the fact that most of us in some form or another already own a high impedance device. The main one being our vehicles. Most these days have an AUX port as well as Bluetooth setup. The speakers in our cars definitely trigger high impedance mode and even with the most basic of speakers you will get excellent quality on your commute to work and other places.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Well after this discussion I went ahead and set up Android Pay on my V20 and I verified my card through my bank so I'll be going to make my first payment soon. Should be interesting.
Just so you are aware, Android pay is not the same as Samsung pay. Android pay will only work where they have Tap and Pay enabled specialty terminals or they have the sign that says they can take tap in pay or Apple

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Just so you are aware, Android pay is not the same as Samsung pay. Android pay will only work where they have Tap and Pay enabled specialty terminals or they have the sign that says they can take tap in pay or Apple
Ok well I'm off to explore and see which places I frequent on a regular basis support it. First one being 7 Eleven.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Ok well I'm off to explore and see which places I frequent on a regular basis support it. First one being 7 Eleven.
Anyone on this form that uses Android pay can you advise if they have any type of Rewards program like Samsung pay does? That may be helpful for this person that's going to start trying to use Android pay

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I understand but what I am trying to clarify is, sometimes it's best to move on to newer technologies. I am sure we will eventually use something better than trs and also another enhanced version of Bluetooth media connection. Gotta be prepared for that at least.

I am not condoning the what Apple did( I think they dropped it too early), however I am saying that there will always be new solutions in the future to come.
The situation here is a little different. The V30 will most likely have a Quad DAC and one of the main reasons to buy it for Audiophiles. Newer tech in this case is not an improvement just convenient so its not best for audiophiles or people who just want great sound. As the OP I'm asking if the loss of a headphone will affect your intentions of buying it but mainly from the perspective of losing the normal jack to an adaptor. Most people who use Bluetooth can go with other options. I kept the subject short because I don't like the idea of long one but that's where I'm coming from.

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

The situation here is a little different. The V30 will most likely have a Quad DAC and one of the main reasons to buy it for Audiophiles. Newer tech in this case is not an improvement just convenient so its not best for audiophiles or people who just want great sound. As the OP I'm asking if the loss of a headphone will affect your intentions of buying it but mainly from the perspective of losing the normal jack to an adaptor. Most people who use Bluetooth can go with other options. I kept the subject short because I don't like the idea of long one but that's where I'm coming from.
Yes, I understand I referring to the saying that someone would never buy a phone without a trs as if new tech will not come out. Anyways that is It.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Anyone on this form that uses Android pay can you advise if they have any type of Rewards program like Samsung pay does? That may be helpful for this person that's going to start trying to use Android pay
So no mobile payment system at 7 Eleven but I already see that quite a few places I use like Best Buy and Giants grocery stores use Android Pay.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

So no mobile payment system at 7 Eleven but I already see that quite a few places I use like Best Buy and Giants grocery stores use Android Pay.
There may even be an app I think it's called MasterCard PayPass or something similar that lets you know what places in your location take Android pay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair