LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses it Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

just get the V20 , my daily driver now.

Excellent device but get the charging bundle with extra battery

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

I think you aren't being truthful. So later when all the manufacturer drops the trs does that mean you'll have no phone?

And eventually I see the use for USB-c as future transformation.

Obviously if no other option exists... then by logical deduction I would have no other choice. That goes without saying doesn't it?

FWIW, I would not try and exist without a cell phone... even if that means using one without a TRS Jack.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

I loved the DAC when I first got my V20 but recently I got Bluetooth ear buds which has been amazing especially when I'm using them at the gym.

Quality isn't as good but I use the music more as baxkground noise anyways.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

Given the choice, I'd always choose to take a removable battery over non-removable. I need that extra battery life and I don't want to be plugged in all day to get it. If they're taking that choice away from me, I'd really hope they aren't stingy with the battery they seal in. Would it really be terrible to give us a flagship phone with 4000+ mAh?

There's another advantage to removable batteries on some phones. You can buy extended batteries that last 2 to 3 days.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

Omg I hate baxkground noise
b07ea22902fe1ee8e54ce0b22c1263bb.gif

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I highly doubt the V30 won't have a jack.

The V-line has always prided itself on superb headphone audio, and the standard for USB-C audio is still very young and probably needs a bit more polish before it can truly prove to be a proper replacement.

Until then, many Android OEMs have chosen to stick with the jack.

If you look at HTC's U Ultra, the problem with that isn't necessarily the lack of the jack. It's how it's removed but the device does not offer any sort of compensation for its loss. Adding insult to injury is that the $750++ phone did not come with an adapter and its included earbuds don't work with non-HTC devices. That's why OEMs are sticking with the jack.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I doubt it either but you never know with this madness to make phones thinner. Maybe the next V series but down the road anything is possible.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I doubt it either but you never know with this madness to make phones thinner. Maybe the next V series but down the road anything is possible.
They probably won't.

Most Android OEMs chose to stick with using the jack. Some found it the hard way but it's pretty clear that we are not ready for a jackless experience.

Sure, you can say the HTC USonic USB-C buds are kinda smart, but isn't the V20's headphone jack a sea of smarts as well? I mean it adjusts the device's sound profile and amp power depending on what headphone you plug it into.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

They might do the removable waterproof idea for the G6, and then a mix of the G6 and V20 body for the V30, which would have a removable battery. I was reading an article on it, but that was just an idea they had.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site

Removable batteries help extend the life of a device (phone). Not what the manufacturer may like but as the cost of the device keeps going up, we may be keeping them longer (?, maybe?).
Some waterproofing like the S5 and removable battery for me, please.

Lateck,

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

We're a little late... it's March, the V20 is likely "done" with it's design decisions. I strongly prefer non-removable batteries for myself, but I also don't want to see the concept disappear (unlike my position on microSD cards in phones) - because LG is one of the last OEM's offering such an option. The people that need that are supposed to do exactly what when their V20's and G5's and Note 4's die? Just never upgrade or buy used phones forever?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I say keep the headphone jack. Nothing wrong with having options.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses its Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

I hate wired headsets so I couldn't care less. I've been using BT for years and will not go back.