LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: If this is true, regarding the V30, I will get this over the Note 8.

If it's completely bezelless I don't think I'll get it. Big phone with no bezels will be hard to hold. Also, no removable battery = no good, I won't buy it, see ya LG! Don't shoot yourself in the foot like HTC which is failing by removing features and trying to copy everyone else.

It might look like this too. This is an actual design patent submitted by LG.

asset.jpgasset (1).jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

If it's completely bezelless I don't think I'll get it. Big phone with no bezels will be hard to hold. Also, no removable battery = no good, I won't buy it, see ya LG! Don't shoot yourself in the foot like HTC which is failing by removing features and trying to copy everyone else.

It might look like this too. This is an actual design patent submitted by LG.

View attachment 261245View attachment 261246

How is it hard to hold with no bezels?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

How is it hard to hold with no bezels?

The S8 Plus is kinda pushing the limits. Home button is too close to bezel, often pressing it by accident. Holding it is a bit awkward. The V20 is almost perfect in size IMO.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Updated render by Even Blass' Twitter. Might not get it if this is where they're going. No removable battery, ugly design. Sliding phones are from 2005. Don't try too hard, the V20 was great. See what happened with the G5 and it's whacky design? Failure. Focus on improving the camera quality and giving what people want.

https://mobile.twitter.com/evleaks/status/868450145213480960/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/evleaks/status/868465911434551296/photo/1

DA1atX_WAAEKZsA.jpg

Attachments

• DA1atX_WAAEKZsA.jpg
    DA1atX_WAAEKZsA.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 76

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
LG V30 Render by Evan Blass

What do you think? Personally, I don't like it. The V20 was great. The G5 was a failure due to whacky modular design, this will be another gimmicky feature like the G5's useless modular design. Just focus on improving current design, improve the camera and keep removable battery and IR blaster. The V20 is my personal favorite out of all phones, the Galaxy S5 comes in second.

https://mobile.twitter.com/evleaks/status/868450145213480960/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/evleaks/status/868465911434551296/photo/1

DA1atX_WAAEKZsA.jpg
DA1pGIrXgAAsOpg.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG V30 Render by Evan Blass

Mod note: Moved from the V20 forum to the Rumored Devices forum since this time a V20 topic.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Mod note: Moved from the V20 forum to the Rumored Devices forum since this isn't a V20 topic.

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. Too bad.

If enough of us at this forum could agree, hopefully they will drop this silly prototype. But who knows, maybe they'll pull it off? I wouldn't risk it, they already took the risk with the G5. The idea is good but is it practical?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

If enough of us at this forum could agree, hopefully they will drop this silly prototype. But who knows, maybe they'll pull it off? I wouldn't risk it, they already took the risk with the G5. The idea is good but is it practical?

The G6 went boring.

The V30 should continue the crazy. I'm all for this prototype.

Zulfigar

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Biggest thing is the usage. First thing that comes to mind though, "Without the second screen, look. A phone that doesn't have ANY bezel on the bottom. That's neat."

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site

Interesting........ No removable battery..... not good.

Lateck,

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

So it looks like we may actually be getting a slider from LG. I'll personally be quite excited to have another slider device. Love my Priv and it's slide out keyboard. I would probably only use the touch screen below for a keyboard though. Not so sold on all the extra in App features. 😃

It would definitely be different and I'm sure LG could market it to the moon and back haha. Ah, don't you just love leaks. They are so good!

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site

If true or remotely true, then we will never see another new phone with removable battery again.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The G6 went boring.

The V30 should continue the crazy. I'm all for this prototype.

Well let's hope it doesn't turn out whacky and crazy like the G5's modular design. The only thing I liked about the G5 was the removable battery and dual camera, everything else was pointless.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Biggest thing is the usage. First thing that comes to mind though, "Without the second screen, look. A phone that doesn't have ANY bezel on the bottom. That's neat."

True. I actually don't want it to be COMPLETELY bezelless. It becomes difficult to type and hold. The S8 Plus is difficult to use comfortably.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Well let's hope it doesn't turn out whacky and crazy like the G5's modular design. The only thing I liked about the G5 was the removable battery and dual camera, everything else was pointless.

I hope it's crazier.

If you don't like the crazy, LG would still have the G6.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

They're not listening to us.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

True. I actually don't want it to be COMPLETELY bezelless. It becomes difficult to type and hold. The S8 Plus is difficult to use comfortably.
I'd take an Apple or Pixel sized bezel to get dual front facing stereo speakers.