LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG V30 Render by Evan Blass

This is not 2005, we've moved on from siding phones. Are they trying to compete with Samsung's folding phone? I don't want a thick phone with unnecessary features.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Oh it slides up. Haha that's a cool feature but who knows. LG has some of the best imagination when developing products.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: If this is true, regarding the V30, I will get this over the Note 8.

This would never happen. Too many good things

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I definitely would not buy a V30 with a slider.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

If true or remotely true, then we will never see another new phone with removable battery again.

Many low end and mid range phones still get removable batteries. Premium market seems to prefer form over function.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site

Many low end and mid range phones still get removable batteries. Premium market seems to prefer form over function.
Not necessarily form over function - I don't think too many low end phones are dust and water proof. For a lot of people that's functionality.

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG V30 Rumored to Have Slide Out Secondary Display

V30 will be a bezeless phone if it has a slide out second screen. If they add in a removable battery I'll consider it.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG V30 Rumored to Have Slide Out Secondary Display

Here's the problem I have with LG caving in to the Samsung and Apple fans just to try to draw them away from those phones.

With the current battery technology, to get meaningful battery life like the Apple phones do, it has to be optimized just like the iPhone, and that means killing Android to do this.

Secondly to go with the Samsung model, LG has to kill one of the main features of of the V line and loose the removable battery.

While all of the tech writers and reviewers wet their collective pants over curved screens and glass backed phones, we who use the V line, know full well that this is something that we do not want or need.

We want to keep our phones longer and not be chained to the charging cord, or pad. Sure I would love to not worry about having to charge my phone while using it heavily in 8 hours, but that's not the reality of life. Since all batteries degrade with usage, being able to replace it in a few seconds is one of the best things that is available to anyone using these phones. You don't have to make the phone big and bulky, nor do you have to send it in to do this.

I get so damn mad every time I see or hear someone praising the "modern design" of these types of phones, knowing full well that they are promoting taking away features many of us hold dear to our hearts.

Most people are going to use some type of case to prevent their phones from damage, but with a glass backed phone with curved screens it is mandatory to do this if they hope to keep their phones safe from any drops.

LG could make the V line a real replacement for the Note series if they wanted to, and could do it without having to resort to trying to look like a Samsung phone. They could offer everything a power user wants and then some, by having a removable battery, waterproofing, headphone jack, the best cameras, speakers and all the other goodies available along with a perfectly flat screen and removable back.

No... It won't be a pretty and as sleek as a Galaxy iPhone.. It doesn't have to be... They have the G series to do this with.

LG administration needs to grow up and make a great workhorse of a phone that will do everything and last, instead of just trying to be a clone of the other guys. They almost hit it out of the park with the v20 and tried to sway the dissatisfied Note 4 users with the v10... One would think that the v30 could do what both the previous models should have... But they are going to have to include a pen if they are ever going to be able to get Note users to even look at them, not a slide out keyboard. Then they are going to have to make timely updates to the phones, and really advertise them, just like the other guys and make damn sure they don't boot loop. They also have to be extremely aggressive with any carrier or store like Best Buy to ensure they have the space and presence along with the accessories to sell.

This is the only way they can gain meaningful market share. They have to spend money to make more money...

Mac

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Oh it slides up. Haha that's a cool feature but who knows. LG has some of the best imagination when developing products.

Honestly trying to compete with the Galaxy folding phone. If it's a thicker phone, then no way am I getting a fat phone that folds. Common guys knock it off! Get serious now. We need impressive flagships, not experiments.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
New V30 render... Might not get it. What do you think?

They might abandon that slide out screen design and play it safe. It looks like the G6 and S8 combined. Looks like the removable battery is gone for good. Specs look very good however. I'm seeing two color options: silver and black/red. Expected to release earlier than usual. What do you think? Are you going to get the V30 now?

lg-v30r-1.jpgmqdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpglg-v30-image2.jpglg-v30-image1.jpg

https://youtu.be/QmLKSEhHe7k

Last edited:

Infiniti14

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: New V30 render... Might not get it. What do you think?

I think it looks good. I don't know if I will upgrade to the V30, but that type of design wouldn't turn me off.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Nope. No removable battery, no sale. Glass backed phone.. No sale.. I'll be damned if I kow-tow to these companies anymore.

Mac

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Nope. No removable battery, no sale. Glass backed phone.. No sale.. I'll be damned if I kow-tow to these companies anymore.

Mac

Looks great but other than that....no dice until I see what's under the hood and it may not be enough to go to a glass phone that I would just end putting in a case. Putting it in case is just pointless if you buy it for looks. Maybe they should just make glass cases for rugged phones....lol

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Just remember, everyone thought the V20 wouldn't have a removable battery due to the renders, right up until around the official announcement.

But still, I doubt I'll get it as long as my V20 keeps chugging along. I stool suspect tree V30 will remove other features I'd want.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

If it doesn't have a removable battery and is made of all glass, it's a goodbye to LG. Going to get a One Plus, Huawei, or ZTE. There's still a market for rugged and durable phones, reason why I was attracted to the V series was because of its durability. Not trying to spend $900 on an all glass phone. I'll probably look else where and keep my V20 for a long time.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Maybe they should just make glass cases for rugged phones....lol
Heh heh - you should be in marketing!

On a serious note, I have yet to find a clear case & holster combination (I just prefer holster placement/ease of access) so that I can at least enjoy the look of my phone. As you say, all we do is cover up these beautiful phones or take our chances on breaking them.

I'd be more interested in a V20 than this design. If I wanted a current design I'd go with a OnePlus 5 (at least, if they finally make one that is certified on Verizon) to save on cost - these flagships are getting pricey.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Looks great but other than that....no dice until I see what's under the hood and it may not be enough to go to a glass phone that I would just end putting in a case. Putting it in case is just pointless if you buy it for looks. Maybe they should just make glass cases for rugged phones....lol

True. People drool over looks of the phone, yet always have a case on it that covers up the phone. Now it looks like any other phone. So the point was for what??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88