Real life photos and videos of the device!

SchinkenSpicker

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So what's your guess on size? Hopefully a bit bigger than the G6. I really like the pics though.

Bring it on, I'm ready to try it out lol

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It finally happened!

View attachment 265385

View attachment 265386

Photos and videos: https://twitter.com/Faryaab/status/894641027381944320
Additional photos: https://twitter.com/rquandt/status/894643572196212736

Seems like the screen itself has no curved edges, but the device has. That's great news to me. The back I don't like that much, but it's acceptable in my opinion. They should remove the V30 print to make it look cleaner.

Whats your opinion on the device?

Yuck, looks like a Galaxy S6 Edge from 2015, played out design. All I have to say is good luck with screen protectors. You're going to experiment with several different ones until you find one that sorta works. I gave up when I had the S8 Plus. If they were going to curve the edges, they might as well curve the screen too like the S8. A manufacture might successfully make a glass protector that actually works. But the problem is having one that works with a case combined; it's a headache trust me.

On a good note, glad they made the camera glass smaller to prevent shatters and cracks. It goes well with that girl that's using it, goes well with her earrings and purse. Very shiney and jewelery-like.

Who knows, I might pick one up after the hype dies down just to check it out. Won't be my main daily driver though.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes but the OLED screen isn't I think. I was worried they'll follow Samsung by doing so and now I'm happy they didn't.

What difference does it make? It's curved. If you think it will help make it easier for screen protectors, you're wrong. Curved glass is a challenge for screen protector manufacturers. There will be a "halo" or "rainbow" effect when trying to install glass protectors. Also will be a challenge for users to hold it correctly as curved edged phones are oddly shaped.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
What difference does it make? It's curved. If you think it will help make it easier for screen protectors, you're wrong. Curved glass is a challenge for screen protector manufacturers. There will be a "halo" or "rainbow" effect when trying to install glass protectors. Also will be a challenge for users to hold it correctly as curved edged phones are oddly shaped.

I think the point being made is that the image is not curved.... That's a difference.
No one mentioned screen protectors and that is a different issue.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yuck, looks like a Galaxy S6 Edge from 2015, played out design. All I have to say is good luck with screen protectors. You're going to experiment with several different ones until you find one that sorta works. I gave up when I had the S8 Plus. If they were going to curve the edges, they might as well curve the screen too like the S8. A manufacture might successfully make a glass protector that actually works. But the problem is having one that works with a case combined; it's a headache trust me.

On a good note, glad they made the camera glass smaller to prevent shatters and cracks. It goes well with that girl that's using it, goes well with her earrings and purse. Very shiney and jewelery-like.

Who knows, I might pick one up after the hype dies down just to check it out. Won't be my main daily driver though.

That's a big investment just to check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo