09-01-2017 02:15 AM
31 12
tools
    A note to LG:

Other markets can afford and want the plus models. Give us what we want, when we want it, and stop playing silly games. Its time to put your big boy pants on if you want to play with the big boys.
    08-16-2017 04:38 AM
    I'm a little lost. What's going on?
    08-16-2017 08:48 AM
    Not all LG G6 are made the same. Some areas (Asia) for example, have a better DAC than the G6 sold in Europe, which AFAIK just uses the built in one on the SoC
    08-16-2017 08:53 AM
    Not all LG G6 are made the same. Some areas (Asia) for example, have a better DAC than the G6 sold in Europe, which AFAIK just uses the built in one on the SoC
    Ah. Forgot about that. I thought that was completely uncalled for. But I'm sure someone will use the reason of 'market research' to justify that decision.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-16-2017 08:56 AM
    Actually I was aiming this at the V30 but it does apply to the G6....I'll modify the Title.
    08-16-2017 09:25 AM
    LG is at it again. Rumour has it that the V30 Plus will only be released in Korea. Hopefully its only differences in ram and internal storage. Would not want to see what they did with G6 happen to the V30.
    MSFTisMIA and Golfdriver97 like this.
    08-16-2017 09:34 AM
    A note to LG:

Other markets can afford and want the plus models. Give us what we want, when we want it, and stop playing silly games. Its time to put your big boy pants on if you want to play with the big boys.
    I'm okay with 4GB and 64GB storage but don't take away the DAC. I could care less about fast wireless charging (will kill your battery eventually from heat generation).
    08-16-2017 11:36 AM
    LG determined that the more expensive version wouldn't make financial sense in most places.
    08-17-2017 10:45 AM
    I'm okay with 4GB and 64GB storage but don't take away the DAC. I could care less about fast wireless charging (will kill your battery eventually from heat generation).
    Wireless charging does not kill your battery.
    08-17-2017 10:45 AM
    Wireless charging does not kill your battery.
    I think he's referring to heat killing the battery as a result, however It would take temperates in excess of 45c for extended periods to do significant damage. A good wireless charger shuts down when it reaches high temperatures.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-17-2017 11:33 AM
    LG determined that the more expensive version wouldn't make financial sense in most places.
    Charging more money for a lower specced device doesn't make financial sense in any place, the European LG G6 only comes with 32GB memory and no DAC yet at £650 rrp is almost the same price as the 64GB Galaxy S8 which not only had double the memory and the faster Snapdragon 835 but also the much more attention grabbing AMOLED infinity edge display.

Selling the G6 plus 128GB model for that price would make a lot of sense as the high amount of memory would like grab some attention and makes up for the lower specs in other areas. What's even more crazy is that the grey import 64GB models with the DAC are almost half the price, even allowing it costing a bit more to officially import it the UK pricing makes absolutely no sense and it's no surprise the phone has been a poor seller.

I'm disappointed to hear about another plus mode unique to South Korea as it sounds like they're going to take a similar approach to the G6 in which case I'll be going with Samsung who don't take a screw Europe approach.
    08-17-2017 02:50 PM
    Charging more money for a lower specced device doesn't make financial sense in any place, the European LG G6 only comes with 32GB memory and no DAC yet at £650 rrp is almost the same price as the 64GB Galaxy S8 which not only had double the memory and the faster Snapdragon 835 but also the much more attention grabbing AMOLED infinity edge display.

Selling the G6 plus 128GB model for that price would make a lot of sense as the high amount of memory would like grab some attention and makes up for the lower specs in other areas. What's even more crazy is that the grey import 64GB models with the DAC are almost half the price, even allowing it costing a bit more to officially import it the UK pricing makes absolutely no sense and it's no surprise the phone has been a poor seller.

I'm disappointed to hear about another plus mode unique to South Korea as it sounds like they're going to take a similar approach to the G6 in which case I'll be going with Samsung who don't take a screw Europe approach.
    Its not like people don't have money outside of South Korea
    08-17-2017 02:53 PM
    Its not like people don't have money outside of South Korea
    It's not so much that but that they charge more for the lower specced versions here than they do for the Plus versions in South Korea...even a properly imported LG G6+ 128GB is over a hundred pounds less than the 32GB G6 here. Then there's the V20 which was even worse as they didn't sell it at all here.
    08-17-2017 03:01 PM
    It's not so much that but that they charge more for the lower specced versions here than they do for the Plus versions in South Korea...even a properly imported LG G6+ 128GB is over a hundred pounds less than the 32GB G6 here. Then there's the V20 which was even worse as they didn't sell it at all here.
    I can get a LG G6+ imported for less than what AT&T is selling the V20 for currently...that says a lot...
    08-17-2017 07:29 PM
    I can get a LG G6+ imported for less than what AT&T is selling the V20 for currently...that says a lot...
    AT&T is always high. I believe when the V20 launched it was around 800.
    08-17-2017 07:34 PM
    It's still the same price.

I can get even get the same phone cheaper than ANY of the carrier branded Z² Force models.

SMH.
    08-17-2017 07:36 PM

In the US, you could get an LG G6 for half price only a few weeks after it came out.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-17-2017 08:15 PM

In the US, you could get an LG G6 for half price only a few weeks after it came out.
    08-17-2017 08:16 PM
    Verizon wants 20 dollars a month or 480. It used to be 28 dollars a month....not sure when it dropped.
    08-17-2017 08:19 PM
    Verizon wants 20 dollars a month or 480. It used to be 28 dollars a month....not sure when it dropped.
    The G6 was dirt cheap earlier this year.

http://www.androidauthority.com/spri...-lg-g6-774373/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com..._32gb_verizon/
    08-17-2017 08:28 PM
    Meanwhile last year when I bought the V20 the G5 was still as high as release date.
    08-17-2017 08:37 PM
    They usually price it high to get most profit and pretending it's on "sale". Think the average price when it was launched was $600 if you include the free stuff included. Bought my V20 for $800 sold the free tablet and headphone and brought it down to $600.
    08-17-2017 08:41 PM
    They usually price it high to get most profit and pretending it's on "sale". Think the average price when it was launched was $600 if you include the free stuff included. Bought my V20 for $800 sold the free tablet and headphone and brought it down to $600.
    Bought mine on Verizon for 628 and free headphones on preorder
    08-17-2017 08:52 PM
    AT&T is usually the most expensive whereas Verizon is usually the cheapest.

Not always the case but more often then not it seems to be.
    08-18-2017 09:31 AM
    What's done is done, nothing is changing right now. Might end up getting a global version if it offers the better features.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-19-2017 10:45 AM
31 12