Black OS theme in LG phones?

A

AC Question

I've never even held a LG phone in my life, but the V30 looks tempting.
Is there a black theme setting in LG's phones? I'm about to leave Windows and my Lumia 950XL, and would like to continue with a black theme in a coming cellphone if possible.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look in the Play Store for themes, and see if there's on you like. (Some apps give you a light/dark switch, but that's for the app only. Changing to a black or dark theme will change it for the home page and lock screen.)

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
The V20 has a black setting built in, but you have to switch to it. All my menus are black background with white text. Its called the High contrast screen option under Settings > Accessibility > Vision

dkediger

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Isn't it technically the opposite with am/oled's?

Wouldn't black pixels be off, and what is described as "burn in" is actually degradation over time of pixels in non-black areas experiencing diminished brightness. The example picture in the linked article indicates this effect. Or am I thinking of something different?

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Isn't it technically the opposite with am/oled's?

Wouldn't black pixels be off, and what is described as "burn in" is actually degradation over time of pixels in non-black areas experiencing diminished brightness. The example picture in the linked article indicates this effect. Or am I thinking of something different?

No, you're right. That's what it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463