[Rant] What's with LG announcing and no availability?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I mean you think LG learnt their lesson by now to announce a phone and provide proper availability date and pricing. As usual and expected, very intelligent people at LG just said mid September in their home market Korea and availability in other market announced later. I understand they like to bend over to the carriers and let them spoil the firmware etc but they can at least set a date for the pure non carrier models, open up pre orders etc.
By the time this thing hits market, Note 8 and iPhone will be in full swing and even the Pixel 2 probably will be available for pre-order or to buy. Can't believe LG keeps shooting themselves on the foot again and again.

End of rant.

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I think that's why they're not in Samsung's shoes. They can't execute. The V30 looks like an awesome phone. Problem is, they're going to take forever to get out there.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I think that's why they're not in Samsung's shoes. They can't execute. The V30 looks like an awesome phone. Problem is, they're going to take forever to get out there.
Don't know about that when lots of much smaller companies can execute like announce the phone, open up for pre orders and then ship in few weeks.

I think it's just the culture in the company they think this is not important and they can trickle the release.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about that when lots of much smaller companies can execute like announce the phone, open up for pre orders and then ship in few weeks.

I think it's just the culture in the company they think this is not important and they can trickle the release.
Yeah but most of their phones aren't that great. This phone seems like it's doing everything right and they're not executing the way they should.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I do find it odd they do limited availability. I wish they'd explain more as to why so we could truly understand.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why anyone would buy or not buy a phone because of its release date. If three phones are coming out within a three month or other time period.... What real difference does it make? I'll buy what I like from the three worth waiting for. At this point I can stick with my V20 and wait. In my case I won't buy an iPhone or Samsung anyway so that doesn't matter. If I like the V30 when it comes out I will buy it or not.... It's that simple. I already see people on YouTube complaining that's its not being released with Android 8.0...... Give me a break.

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure why anyone would buy or not buy a phone because of its release date. If three phones are coming out within a three month or other time period.... What real difference does it make? I'll buy what I like from the three worth waiting for. At this point I can stick with my V20 and wait. In my case I won't buy an iPhone or Samsung anyway so that doesn't matter. If I like the V30 when it comes out I will buy it or not.... It's that simple. I already see people on YouTube complaining that's its not being released with Android 8.0...... Give me a break.

Because some people may be trying to decide between multiple phones and will ultimately go with the one that is available or has a more transparent release strategy. Not everyone is tied to buying one brand.

Maybe all the complaining will end up being for naught and we'll get some info in the next week. We'll just have to see. This phone interests me, but so does the Note, Mate 10 and the One Plus.

Last edited:

JohnMcL7

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
I'd assume the simple reason is that while the phone isn't ready for release yet, they want to try and stop some of the Note 8 buyers - if LG waited until the end of next month when the phone was ready for sale, it could be too late as potential buyers may have gone for the note 8 already which I think is released around the middle of September. By announcing now and potentially undercutting Samsung then people may hang on and go with the LG instead particularly when it's getting much more positive previews than the Note 8. The lack of pricing is a bit odd as well although I'm sure they're well aware that's it's potentially the biggest advantage the V30 could have over the note 8 and something they need to be careful with.

It's not something I like but I can see the logic in it.

John

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Because some people may be trying to decide between multiple phones and will ultimately go with the one that is available or has a more transparent release strategy. Not everyone is tied to buying one brand.

Maybe all the complaining will end up being for naught and we'll get some info in the next week. We'll just have to see. This phone interests me, but so does the Note, Mate 10 and the One Plus.

My thing is if you're not tied to one brand and as long as you're not without a phone does it really hurt to wait a bit. It seems like everyone has gotten so impatient lately we cant wait for a bit.
We all try to be marketing geniuses but in the end I think these companies know the drill much better than the consumer who doesn't understand product schedules, marketing and rollouts.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd assume the simple reason is that while the phone isn't ready for release yet, they want to try and stop some of the Note 8 buyers - if LG waited until the end of next month when the phone was ready for sale, it could be too late as potential buyers may have gone for the note 8 already which I think is released around the middle of September. By announcing now and potentially undercutting Samsung then people may hang on and go with the LG instead particularly when it's getting much more positive previews than the Note 8. The lack of pricing is a bit odd as well although I'm sure they're well aware that's it's potentially the biggest advantage the V30 could have over the note 8 and something they need to be careful with.

It's not something I like but I can see the logic in it.

John

The price from Verizon will probably be low to mid 700s

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
My thing is if you're not tied to one brand and as long as you're not without a phone does it really hurt to wait a bit. It seems like everyone has gotten so impatient lately we cant wait for a bit.
We all try to be marketing geniuses but in the end I think these companies know the drill much better than the consumer who doesn't understand product schedules, marketing and rollouts.

Well LG didn't show their marketing genious with the G6.

Just sayin.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure when the pre order bonus items expire for the note 8, but if you were between these two phones having the release date for the v30 could really help.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure when the pre order bonus items expire for the note 8, but if you were between these two phones having the release date for the v30 could really help.

I guess I'm just different and it's less likely to affect me because there are few phones that meet my needs.... I buy a phone for certain features, not for its promotional items. If it's a close decision than I suppose promo items or other incentives could be a deciding factor. I know someone posted that they may trade in their V20 to buy the Note 8. Sell the Note 8 at a premium and buy the V30.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Looks like a great phone. Adding OLED was a great move. Mr. Mobile and the guys at AC seem to really like it as well. The display looks amazing and I think the audio and cameras will kick ***. Complete package.
However, I am really torn this year. I’ve had the G6, HTC U11 and the S8 plus and went back to only an iPhone 7 Plus. I am waiting to see what the new iPhone 8 or Pro (or whatever the hell they name it) is like. It will be a toss up between this phone, the Note 8 or the new iPhone. I am out of the multiple phones per year game so this decision will really count.!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude