Quick Charge 3.0 vs USB PD

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
USB-PD is a universal spec, which is the ideal thing to be utilizing. It's interesting that the SoC supports QuickCharge 4.0, yet most devices with the SD835 are not using it. QC 3.0 is MUCH better than QC 2.0, but still unnecessary. Which spec is their charger included in the box using?

SchinkenSpicker

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Should be Quickcharge.

I've read, that Quickcharge can regulate the charging process more precisely to do less damage to the battery. I don't know if that's true, but USB-PD beeing a universal standard might not be as precise.

ImmerStark

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
Trust me when I say that if USB-PD were equal or superior to quick charge 2, 3, or 4 manufacturers wouldn't be paying the money to incorporate QC in handsets. With all the new phones "featuring" sealed in batteries it is more important than ever to be mindful of battery longevity. I am also very disappointed that Quick Charge 4+ is essentially missing in action. There are exactly zero chargers that support it and only a couple handsets.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Trust me when I say that if USB-PD were equal or superior to quick charge 2, 3, or 4 manufacturers wouldn't be paying the money to incorporate QC in handsets. With all the new phones "featuring" sealed in batteries it is more important than ever to be mindful of battery longevity. I am also very disappointed that Quick Charge 4+ is essentially missing in action. There are exactly zero chargers that support it and only a couple handsets.
PD is both faster and more versatile.

ImmerStark

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
I'll give you the faster point, but that is at the expense of battery longevity. As for versatility I don't know that it really matters, QC is designed to coexist with USB-PD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes