What color V30 are you getting?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That blue one looks too dark, kinda ugly. I liked the one from LG G6+, much lighter blue.

I'm leaning towards silver bc it has a true metallic look, but most likely black as I always preferred non-descript colors, plus I'm slapping a case on it so it's better to go with all black.

I thought you didn't want the V30

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Keeping the V20, buying from other OEMs, literally dozens of other choices.

I'm keeping the V20 definitely but feel like the camera needs improvement in low-light, during broad daylight the camera is phenomenal. The phone has been nothing but amazing. I know batteries don't last forever, at least the V20 will give me peace of mind.

Other OEMs are slashing features like removing headphone jack or don't have microSD, 2 major features I use every single day. Only Samsung, One Plus, and Huawei still have headphone jacks. I never really liked Sony phones, nothing enticing to me.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping the V20 definitely but feel like the camera needs improvement in low-light, during broad daylight the camera is phenomenal. The phone has been nothing but amazing. I know batteries don't last forever, at least the V20 will give me peace of mind.

Other OEMs are slashing features like removing headphone jack or don't have microSD, 2 major features I use every single day. Only Samsung, One Plus, and Huawei still have headphone jacks. I never really liked Sony phones, nothing enticing to me.
So far every phone without a headphone jack has a USB C port that supports the same functionality and more. There's not even much inconvenience except your headphone cord is 3" longer.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So far every phone without a headphone jack has a USB C port that supports the same functionality and more. There's not even much inconvenience except your headphone cord is 3" longer.

Does the HiFi DAC perform the same through type c as through the headphone jack?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I prefer a traditional jack. Unless you leave the adaptor attached to your cord it's just something else to lose.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Gotta carry that POS dongle. I remember the HTC G2 aka MyTouch only had a mini USB. That dongle sucked, very inconvenient, plus can't charge while listening. Bluetooth is another hassle.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Blue LG V30, if Verizon carries it. Or, the Note 8 in blue, if available by Verizon as well, by December, hopefully. Maybe the Pixel XL 2 as well, but who knows. No headphone jack, no buy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463