Actual Available Date

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
While the V30 announcement is promising, LG's seeming inability (or unwillingness) to capitalize on that promise does not inspire confidence. Even a "When its done!" proclamation would be better than the ambiguous "early fall"... which I hope means "early fall in the northern hemisphere" at least.

al23

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Extremely frustrating. Did they not learn from prior releases? Samsung learnt. Apple has it down to a science (except the Iphone 8 fiasco). As much as I love LG, truth is there are other good phones to choose from. And the average consumer is flooded with iPhone and Samsung marketing. Why would put so much effort and R&D costs into a phone that is not marketed at all?

Last edited:

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Extremely frustrating. Did they not learn from prior releases? Samsung learnt. Apple has it down to a science (except the Iphone 8 fiasco). As much as I love LG, truth is there are other good phones to choose from. And the average consumer is flooded with iPhone and Samsung marketing. Why would they think of a phone that is not marketed at all?

yes that's so foolish, at latest I am not waiting for it. Last year for att version it was not available until late October. This year Samsung and best buy are all giving discount now on note 8 and it has bigger ram plus Samsung pay and free gifts.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
LG USA Mobile posted this on Facebook yesterday:

"Pricing and availability are coming soon! Sign up here to be the first to know more: http://bit.ly/2iLSLzh."

That link just takes you to their regular LG: Mobile Devices, Home Entertainment & Appliances | LG USA page.
Load of crap if anything like last year. I signed up and everything and never received any type of notification about availability until well after I already knew the information. Unless LG is gonna be bold and troll Apple's big day with a sweet price compared to the iPhone and the Note 8, I will just keep my V20 and think about giving them another chance. There is no reason for them to repeat the same rookie mistakes over and over and think it's ok with the people who support the product.

Even if they had said available October xxx for xxx at least we would have something to go off of. I'll wait and see if LG is gonna play hardball tomorrow during Apple's day. If not, they're just giving everyone a chance to sell their products first which makes no sense.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
According to an LG newsroom article:

The V30 will become available to consumers in South Korea starting on September 21 and will be followed by key markets in North America, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The V30 with 64GB ROM will come in four beautiful elegant hues: Aurora Black, Cloud Silver, Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet*2*while the LG V30+ with 128GB of storage will be available in limited markets.

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2017/08/l...ier-with-premium-cinematography-capabilities/

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
LG has generally been terrible about announcement to release. I'm not sure they understand how marketing works lol

I agree it appears that way, but hard it's hard to fathom that's due to ignorance. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that there are reasons for doing what they're doing other than pure stupidity.
Anyway, as I posted their Newsroom article touts Sept 21 as the starting point for South Korea so if they don't start on that day I'll call foul.

al23

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So....the two largest companies (Samsung and Apple) are very clear on what launches when (even if a delay). Perhaps LG could learn from their example. I also read elsewhere that LG was determined to "beat Samsung. At least in South Korea." That's their mistake right there. Release quality products. They got that sorted out, it seems (first the G6 then the V30). Now try sorting out your poor marketing. The release date of your flagship should not be a mystery in one of your largest markets. The general public should know you have a quality product about to drop. I mean today you could help but know that the new iphones were being announced. And we know when the phones are available to order and when they will be released.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So....the two largest companies (Samsung and Apple) are very clear on what launches when (even if a delay). Perhaps LG could learn from their example. I also read elsewhere that LG was determined to "beat Samsung. At least in South Korea." That's their mistake right there. Release quality products. They got that sorted out, it seems (first the G6 then the V30). Now try sorting out your poor marketing. The release date of your flagship should not be a mystery in one of your largest markets. The general public should know you have a quality product about to drop. I mean today you could help but know that the new iphones were being announced. And we know when the phones are available to order and when they will be released.

All very good points... Not sure what their strategy is. The dilemma is not so much who's customers they steal... I think it's how many were 99 percent planning to get the V30 and got bored and, screw it.. I'm buying something else. I think most dedicated Iphone buyers are going to buy Iphone no matter what. Even somewhat true of Samsung or Note enthusiasts aren't going to buy LG anyway. It's the undecided they need to go after and they are mucking it up. For people like myself.... Waiting is not an issue. I have a phone that works great and I know it will get here soon enough. Sometimes I actually ask myself why not just stick with what you have.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance