Actual Available Date

PWav

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Who knows how much time there was between the formal unveiling of the G6 or the V20 and the actual time someone could put their hands on one?

Asking because an employee at a Verizon store told me the Note8 50% off trade-in for my Moto Z Force will only go thru October 4. That's $460!!

I really want to at least handle a V30 before that deadline for the Note8!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's LG for you, announce a phone and forget. No one knows actual release date in US, but my guess is sometime early October at the earliest.

V20 was similar, announced 1st week of September and if I remember correctly was released in US mid to late October. Don't think it'll be any different this year.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
LG screwed themselves not giving a release date IMO.

I think all Verizon has said is Q4, which means Oct, Nov, or Dec.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Such a poor and silly strategy. My Facebook feed has post after post about the V30 from the LG page, and inevitably, every third comment is..."when is this being released?"

The generic "early fall" can mean anything. Will never understand introducing the phone, advertising the phone, yet giving no purchase info. And before its commented that "LG needs to work out the pre-release software/hardware"...then they honestly should just delay the advertising blitz/phone introduction. Its more confusing than helpful to see a phone announced, introduced, shown off...then nothing

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Such a poor and silly strategy. My Facebook feed has post after post about the V30 from the LG page, and inevitably, every third comment is..."when is this being released?"

The generic "early fall" can mean anything. Will never understand introducing the phone, advertising the phone, yet giving no purchase info. And before its commented that "LG needs to work out the pre-release software/hardware"...then they honestly should just delay the advertising blitz/phone introduction. Its more confusing than helpful to see a phone announced, introduced, shown off...then nothing

I wonder what happened to the leaks claiming September for Korea and the US. They got pretty much every other rumour right.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Who knows how much time there was between the formal unveiling of the G6 or the V20 and the actual time someone could put their hands on one?

Asking because an employee at a Verizon store told me the Note8 50% off trade-in for my Moto Z Force will only go thru October 4. That's $460!!

What are the features that you are looking to compare that concern you the most?

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

It's been 5 to 7 weeks from unveiling to being on sale in the US for their last several flagships.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
That's risky.... Hype it up with no info. what new customers are going to wait and see? They will just get one of the others that actually has a date

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll wait but many won't... It's a shame really

Im going to wait, but that's because at this point, im an LG loyalist. Prob in the minority, and this strategy is probably costing LG sales, not because of the quality of LG, but because of the process of buying what's new, latest and greatest when a casual buyer walks into a store.

Although I have to admit, its getting slightly frustrating getting 2-3 different LG V30 posts on Facebook daily, but none even mentioning expected release. Which is why I think they waste a lot of time and money on advertising this early.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Im going to wait, but that's because at this point, im an LG loyalist. Prob in the minority, and this strategy is probably costing LG sales, not because of the quality of LG, but because of the process of buying what's new, latest and greatest when a casual buyer walks into a store.

Although I have to admit, its getting slightly frustrating getting 2-3 different LG V30 posts on Facebook daily, but none even mentioning expected release. Which is why I think they waste a lot of time and money on advertising this early.
I'm not a loyalist as much as I am a fan of their audio and camera features.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Remember when Samsung rushed the Note 7 and tried to beat Apple? Skipped the QC check and phones stated to blow up. Gotta go through a process.

BTW Note 8 released super early because they've been working on it for a long time, and started long ago.

PWav

May 1, 2010
Visit site
What are the features that you are looking to compare that concern you the most?

How it actually feels in the hand is very important. So are the display's qualities such as brightness & color accuracy. Things that I can't learn from web browsing.

The quad DAC is a big deal to me too. Having MQA decoding is really exciting. I was really hoping that I could play Tidal "Masters" (which are MQA encoded) thru my Audeze headphones on a V30, but I checked a couple albums that I know are Masters on the Windows or Mac Tidal app then double checked them on the Tidal Android smartphone app and they are only shown as "HiFi." Maybe Tidal will start streaming Masters over portable devices some day soon too.

But, that's a little Off-Topic......

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
How it actually feels in the hand is very important. So are the display's qualities such as brightness & color accuracy. Things that I can't learn from web browsing.

The quad DAC is a big deal to me too. Having MQA decoding is really exciting. I was really hoping that I could play Tidal "Masters" (which are MQA encoded) thru my Audeze headphones on a V30, but I checked a couple albums that I know are Masters on the Windows or Mac Tidal app then double checked them on the Tidal Android smartphone app and they are only shown as "HiFi." Maybe Tidal will start streaming Masters over portable devices some day soon too.

How a phone feels and sounds is not off topic in my book and two of the most important parts of brand and model selection. Some of us hold our devices all day long so without a doubt if it doesn't fit, you must omit. Now, when we talk about sound we must not only include audio, but call clarity, ring tone and notification volumes, etc., etc.
These are all things that we must feel and hear for our selves.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I apologize... I neglected to address how a phone display looks. That no less important. I've heard many great things about the new LG screen along with some bad things. I have no fear that the display will far from great.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Remember when Samsung rushed the Note 7 and tried to beat Apple? Skipped the QC check and phones stated to blow up. Gotta go through a process.

BTW Note 8 released super early because they've been working on it for a long time, and started long ago.

Understand the process, which is why I suggested waiting on the marketing blitz and ads all over Facebook, etc, before touting the phone. Bases on the feedback ive read, this sort of info release without releasing the most important part (release date) rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

If the phone is weeks/months from it's QC process being done, why not push the blitz back a little, or even say, "estimated release mid-October"? It seems pretty simple, no?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

1000% agree. I was so frustrated with LG last year to the point where I almost dismissed the V20 altogether based on their almost taunting of those waiting for it
And that was during Samsung's Note 7 fiasco and they basically just gave Samsung a chance to fix the whole thing all the while taking their sweet old time. I was really optimistic that LG had learned from last year's mistakes so hopefully next week at the latest for the important information. Only reason I'm not as disappointed is because they clearly have a hit on their hands that's actually a mass appeal phone first with lots of enthusiast features stacked to the ceiling second. But it's still no excuse for not learning anything from last year. The V10 launch and availability was not dragged out like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781