Screen

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone actually been able to compare lg's new oled screen against a Samsung? I've read that it's awsume but would like real world opinions.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone actually been able to compare lg's new oled screen against a Samsung? I've read that it's awsume but would like real world opinions.

One of the hands on reviews stated the LG is great but still favor the Samsung.
I'm concerned about screen burn in though it never happened to my Droid Maxx.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
One of the hands on reviews stated the LG is great but still favor the Samsung.
I'm concerned about screen burn in though it never happened to my Droid Maxx.

That review I haven't read yet. I'm leaning towards the v30, because it will be on T-mobile and is the first phone to be able to use the 600mhz format. And it's Quad 32bit dac.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That review I haven't read yet. I'm leaning towards the v30, because it will be on T-mobile and is the first phone to be able to use the 600mhz format. And it's Quad 32bit dac.

The audio is phenomenal on the V20. I would never buy another phone without a dedicated DAC unless they miraculously improve Bluetooth or they stop making phones with dedicated DAC's.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I saw that... I won't say the review is totally off or wrong but I detect negativity towards the LG in that review in general. Most of the others I've read are quite favorable though I doubt you'll find one claiming the LG is better.

Dons far, all of the reviews I've read are very favorable.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The audio is phenomenal on the V20. I would never buy another phone without a dedicated DAC unless they miraculously improve Bluetooth or they stop making phones with dedicated DAC's.

I've got to tell you that I had the v10 and v20. The sound system on my zte axon 7 beat them hands down. Especially if you watch a lot of movies. That dolby atmos is incredible. And it has a dedicated dac.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I saw that... I won't say the review is totally off or wrong but I detect negativity towards the LG in that review in general. Most of the others I've read are quite favorable though I doubt you'll find one claiming the LG is better.
I wouldn't have cared much for it either if they didn't have pictures.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've got to tell you that I had the v10 and v20. The sound system on my zte axon 7 beat them hands down. Especially if you watch a lot of movies. That dolby atmos is incredible. And it has a dedicated dac.

I've heard that the Dolby Atmos is great. Funny, I was looking at a comparison between all phones with enhanced audio and they still had the LG as the highest. I would consider the Axon a great alternative if it had better carrier support.
I don't like that LG plays with the output based on impedance. I guess they can't measure headphone sensitivity which really determines how much output you need. My Audio Technicas are low impedance until you activate the Noise Cancelling. They have no trouble handling full output and they actually come alive with more power. LG should let the user determine the output.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63