Seems like V30 is going to be the best phone

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyway the topic by the OP is that they feel the V30 is going to be the best phone. Also a myth because the best phone is the one that is the best for you. Not the most expensive one, not the best selling one, not the one with the best camera, not the one with the best sound and certainly not the one that's best for Power Users.... It's the one the one that does what you want it to do when you want it to do it and at the price you're willing to pay.

So wish a LOT of people understood this. Some of the best phones I've owned have been under the radar ones or even on platforms that get regularly mocked (I'm talking about you Windows). There's so many different features and variables in a phone that people prioritise over others that it's impossible to find one perfect phone for everyone

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyway the topic by the OP is that they feel the V30 is going to be the best phone. Also a myth because the best phone is the one that is the best for you. Not the most expensive one, not the best selling one, not the one with the best camera, not the one with the best sound and certainly not the one that's best for Power Users.... It's the one the one that does what you want it to do when you want it to do it and at the price you're willing to pay.
It's also the one that's available and doesn't have consumers literally begging for info and being asked to sign up. Who does LG think they are. Definitely keeping my V20 and moving on after this debacle. I cannot believe that they would actually repeat the same mistake two years in a row. V30 will probably be the best phone of 2017 to me but I can't stand behind a company that makes decisions and leaves a great deal of potential customers in the dark.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This, this, this and this. And some of this ^^.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's also the one that's available and doesn't have consumers literally begging for info and being asked to sign up. Who does LG think they are. Definitely keeping my V20 and moving on after this debacle. I cannot believe that they would actually repeat the same mistake two years in a row. V30 will probably be the best phone of 2017 to me but I can't stand behind a company that makes decisions and leaves a great deal of potential customers in the dark.

How does waiting a bit for something you really want really matter? I understand the frustration about not knowing when it's going to be released but it's not like you are without a phone. LG has stated that South Korea is Sept 21. Despite vague details about the rest of the world, I'm sure the USA and some other high priority areas are getting it soon after. I say let South Korea get it first and we can see some real reviews in the hands of consumers so that we make a better decision.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Sure is nice that I can sign business documents on my Note 8. Couldn't do that well on other devices.
You can do it on other smartphones, but it's nowhere near as precise as with the SPen. I've done my signature in a document on my S7 Edge and on my iPad Air 2, and each time I wished the Note7 had not gone up in flames and missed my Note 4.

Also for Annotating documents, Images, as well as grabbing content from areas where the standard Android Copy feature does not allow you, the SPen really takes things a step forward.

I had a brief I had to edit while out of the office, it required me to get the Instagram names of a number of Instagram Influencers, now with a standard Android (S7 Edge, S8+, LG V20, LG V30, HTC U11, Pixel XL etc etc..) you have to take the extra step of getting the whole Profile URL, yet when I had to do that with my old Note 4, I just pulled out the SPen and held down its button and copied the Instagram Handle, no having to mess around with URLs.

Another example is when wanting to take words from an image either from the internet or a pic you've taken, with Standard Android phones you'd have to try memorise it, but with a Galaxy Note you once again pull that SPen out, highlight the text that you want from the image and the phone copies it as normal text. Where does this come in handy for me?
-Grocery shopping, my housekeeper sends me an image of the list and with the Note I'd convert it to text in no time.
-Ingredients off a package label (when the girl you are seeing is a health freak, trust me this comes in handy 😂)
-Business cards ,we are in the digital age yet people still carry these things, very odd,but the Note 4 helped me a lot here.

The SPen generally just makes a lot of things easier to do in terms of grabbing and manipulating content, it takes out 2-3steps that I'd have to frustratingly have to go through with a standard Android, well for ME that is. As much as I have loved my S7 Edge with its great battery life, and compact design, man have I missed that SPen. Almost everyday I run into something where I am like "the SPen would make this a lot easier to do".

The SPen and Note are generally not for everyone and that is why I say, rather compare the V30 to S8+, as if you have no use for the SPen, the extra 2GB RAM, Dual OIS Cameras and SPen Suite, then you'd be wasting money on the Note8.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
You can even use your finger. The signing for things is easy. The S-Pen and note software do much more than signatures, signatures are easy.

I have used both and the spen makes it 10x easier than a finger. It’s a fact that the note is just better for stuff like that.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You can even use your finger. The signing for things is easy. The S-Pen and note software do much more than signatures, signatures are easy.

Agreed....furthermore, if the S pen was so vital for signatures or everything else it does , everyone would be doing their version of it. The Note is an awesome product if it's what you want and it will sell well, however I imagine a good portion of Note buyers would be OK with an S8.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
For example, the V30 has probably the worst front-facing camera image quality of that entire list of phones according to the video conparisons I have seen on Youtube. The V30 has its fair share of faults.

Oddly enough for me that's actually a pro. I never (unless by accident) use the front camera, so if they put less money into the production of the front camera & maybe that knocks a couple dollars off the overall cost of the phone, I love that.

What other faults do you see w/ the V30? I'm having trouble finding any, outside a couple nit picky faults.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough for me that's actually a pro. I never (unless by accident) use the front camera, so if they put less money into the production of the front camera & maybe that knocks a couple dollars off the overall cost of the phone, I love that.

What other faults do you see w/ the V30? I'm having trouble finding any, outside a couple nit picky faults.

My impression is that their entire list is comprised of, "is made by LG, is not made by Samsung".

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Agreed....furthermore, if the S pen was so vital for signatures or everything else it does , everyone would be doing their version of it. The Note is an awesome product if it's what you want and it will sell well, however I imagine a good portion of Note buyers would be OK with an S8.

Good points. I don't think the V30 is a viable alternative to the Note, for those who utilize the Spen the way it is intended. For those who simply want a phone with a 6" display, I think it, or the S8 phones are good alternatives.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Good points. I don't think the V30 is a viable alternative to the Note, for those who utilize the Spen the way it is intended. For those who simply want a phone with a 6" display, I think it, or the S8 phones are good alternatives.

They are, however I do not want to discourage someone from buying the Note even if they feel the S pen will not be used much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance