What if LG isn't announcing a release date for the V30 until the Pixel 2 XL is released?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
What if LG and Google made a deal when Google choose to use LG to make a pixel?

Maybe that's why it's completely quiet about the release date and price. Maybe nothing will be said until after 10/04

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Soon

As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

cnotes2016

Aug 24, 2017
Visit site
Soon

As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

'Do not make plans on soon' gtk

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Keeping my V20 maybe up until January 2019. The new phones are getting too expensive and the V20 still has legitimate features that they lack. Wanted to plunge into the V30 but I really don't like how LG is playing this.

I am toying with 2 XL.... The hardest thing would be to give up the DAC. I could keep the V20 and run music off storage or even stream off hotspot while computing.
Just would have to answer calls differently. Haven't made up my mind yet, but I would love pure Android with timely and Betta updates.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I am toying with 2 XL.... The hardest thing would be to give up the DAC. I could keep the V20 and run music off storage or even stream off hotspot while computing.
Just would have to answer calls differently. Haven't made up my mind yet, but I would love pure Android with timely and Betta updates.
I'm not toying with any phone that lacks basic expandable storage. It's at least got to have that.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not toying with any phone that lacks basic expandable storage. It's at least got to have that.
That's so strange. Interesting, but strange. Also, it does support expandable storage. It just doesn't have a dedicated slot for that.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
128gb is enough to hold a lot of material
I agree but you have to pay considerably more than just buying extra storage from eBay or somewhere else. Plus if you have an accident like I did when I fried my V20 in the Carribean Islands you can still recover those files that haven't been backed up to the cloud. Extra little security. Plus with SD cards you can buy one for a trip and label it for that trip and only those files will be on that card. That's what I like to do on vacations. Much easier to organize for me.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That's so strange. Interesting, but strange. Also, it does support expandable storage. It just doesn't have a dedicated slot for that.
Yeah I like the security of having the extra memory without having to carry an extra accessory. But you have a point too.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree but you have to pay considerably more than just buying extra storage from eBay or somewhere else. Plus if you have an accident like I did when I fried my V20 in the Carribean Islands you can still recover those files that haven't been backed up to the cloud. Extra little security. Plus with SD cards you can buy one for a trip and label it for that trip and only those files will be on that card. That's what I like to do on vacations. Much easier to organize for me.
All good points but Google is giving unlimited storage... What would you possibly lose? I'm not actually trying to convince you, I just don't think a lot of features matter as much as I used to think 2 years ago because I've been on both sides with different devices. The only feature I've never had was water resistance In the case of the V20 you probably would still have your phone it if had water resistance.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
All good points but Google is giving unlimited storage... What would you possibly lose? I'm not actually trying to convince you, I just don't think a lot of features matter as much as I used to think 2 years ago because I've been on both sides with different devices. The only feature I've never had was water resistance In the case of the V20 you probably would still have your phone it if had water resistance.
In my case I wasn't able to connect to the internet being in a roaming area so I would've lost everything actually. You can't send anything to the cloud when you're traveling with no service or connection. But water resistance would've definitely saved me.