09-29-2017 04:49 AM
37 12
tools
    What if LG and Google made a deal when Google choose to use LG to make a pixel?

Maybe that's why it's completely quiet about the release date and price. Maybe nothing will be said until after 10/04
    09-19-2017 10:23 AM
    LG has already announced. https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-new-post.html It releases day after tomorrow in Korea, then "soon" in other markets.
    09-19-2017 10:36 AM
    LG has already announced. https://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-new-post.html It releases day after tomorrow in Korea, then "soon" in other markets.
    But we are debating the 'soon' factor
    09-19-2017 11:18 AM
    But we are debating the 'soon' factor
    We'll soon find out
    09-19-2017 11:31 AM
    Soon

As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
    PhiPsi32, modifier and al23 like this.
    09-19-2017 11:47 AM
    I think any day now would be better.
    09-19-2017 11:58 AM
    Soon

As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
    'Do not make plans on soon' gtk
    Aquila, RaRa85 and al23 like this.
    09-19-2017 12:10 PM
    Soon doesn't really count much for an actual release date and we still don't have a price either.
    09-20-2017 06:50 AM
    Soon doesn't really count much for an actual release date and we still don't have a price either.
    Right, the "tomorrow" part is the release date.
    09-20-2017 06:51 AM
    09-20-2017 08:18 AM
    @RaRa85
    What phone are you getting
    09-20-2017 09:27 AM
    @RaRa85
    What phone are you getting
    Keeping my V20 maybe up until January 2019. The new phones are getting too expensive and the V20 still has legitimate features that they lack. Wanted to plunge into the V30 but I really don't like how LG is playing this.
    09-20-2017 09:37 AM
    Keeping my V20 maybe up until January 2019. The new phones are getting too expensive and the V20 still has legitimate features that they lack. Wanted to plunge into the V30 but I really don't like how LG is playing this.
    I am toying with 2 XL.... The hardest thing would be to give up the DAC. I could keep the V20 and run music off storage or even stream off hotspot while computing.
    Just would have to answer calls differently. Haven't made up my mind yet, but I would love pure Android with timely and Betta updates.
    09-20-2017 11:32 AM
    I am toying with 2 XL.... The hardest thing would be to give up the DAC. I could keep the V20 and run music off storage or even stream off hotspot while computing.
    Just would have to answer calls differently. Haven't made up my mind yet, but I would love pure Android with timely and Betta updates.
    I'm not toying with any phone that lacks basic expandable storage. It's at least got to have that.
    09-20-2017 11:41 AM
    I'm not toying with any phone that lacks basic expandable storage. It's at least got to have that.
    That's so strange. Interesting, but strange. Also, it does support expandable storage. It just doesn't have a dedicated slot for that.
    09-20-2017 12:26 PM
    128gb is enough to hold a lot of material
    09-20-2017 12:29 PM
    128gb is enough to hold a lot of material
    I agree but you have to pay considerably more than just buying extra storage from eBay or somewhere else. Plus if you have an accident like I did when I fried my V20 in the Carribean Islands you can still recover those files that haven't been backed up to the cloud. Extra little security. Plus with SD cards you can buy one for a trip and label it for that trip and only those files will be on that card. That's what I like to do on vacations. Much easier to organize for me.
    09-20-2017 12:39 PM
    That's so strange. Interesting, but strange. Also, it does support expandable storage. It just doesn't have a dedicated slot for that.
    Yeah I like the security of having the extra memory without having to carry an extra accessory. But you have a point too.
    09-20-2017 12:40 PM
    I agree but you have to pay considerably more than just buying extra storage from eBay or somewhere else. Plus if you have an accident like I did when I fried my V20 in the Carribean Islands you can still recover those files that haven't been backed up to the cloud. Extra little security. Plus with SD cards you can buy one for a trip and label it for that trip and only those files will be on that card. That's what I like to do on vacations. Much easier to organize for me.
    All good points but Google is giving unlimited storage... What would you possibly lose? I'm not actually trying to convince you, I just don't think a lot of features matter as much as I used to think 2 years ago because I've been on both sides with different devices. The only feature I've never had was water resistance In the case of the V20 you probably would still have your phone it if had water resistance.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    09-20-2017 12:46 PM
    All good points but Google is giving unlimited storage... What would you possibly lose? I'm not actually trying to convince you, I just don't think a lot of features matter as much as I used to think 2 years ago because I've been on both sides with different devices. The only feature I've never had was water resistance In the case of the V20 you probably would still have your phone it if had water resistance.
    In my case I wasn't able to connect to the internet being in a roaming area so I would've lost everything actually. You can't send anything to the cloud when you're traveling with no service or connection. But water resistance would've definitely saved me.
    09-20-2017 12:48 PM
    As an example Google photos is free and will automatically sort your photos such as by location or by who's in them or where they took place or whatever. Technically data-at-rest should exist in three locations on the device it originates or is being used from on a remote backup and on a physical backup, but if you have to choose only to the remote backup is a much better option than the on-site physical backup, which would be the SD card.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    09-20-2017 01:05 PM
    In my case I wasn't able to connect to the internet being in a roaming area so I would've lost everything actually. You can't send anything to the cloud when you're traveling with no service or connection. But water resistance would've definitely saved me.
    Good point... Your only option would be to external thumb drive or other USB device
    09-20-2017 01:07 PM
    According to Phone Arena (IIRC) a contact at LG confirmed that the V30 will be released in the US next month. So we've narrowed down "soon" as sometime between 2 and 6 weeks.
    Aquila likes this.
    09-20-2017 03:08 PM
    According to Phone Arena (IIRC) a contact at LG confirmed that the V30 will be released in the US next month. So we've narrowed down "soon" as sometime between 2 and 6 weeks.
    The bad news is they are using a Mayan calendar
    MA2GA28, Laura Knotek and Aquila like this.
    09-20-2017 06:01 PM
    The bad news is they are using a Mayan calendar
    In Neptune's orbit?
    09-20-2017 06:53 PM
37 12