What is LG doing?

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
What's really crazy is that they announce early and send out pre production units to techies to BUILD EXCITEMENT but then always fail to capitalize on that.

The v20 was going to be the first with nougat but by the time they release well... They weren't.

Not to mention they failed to capture alot of the note 7 displaced ppl.

The same is happening.

Either announce later close to release or have definite info in hand. This “up in the air” attitude has gotta go.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Bottom line: if you want the phone, shut up and wait for it. It'll drop when it drops. If you can't wait or you don't want it, then quit whining and just buy something else.
Bottom line is I can point out flaws in a company's business tactics if I want to. You don't tell me who or what to criticize. My point here is to create dialogue about some of LG's shortcomings and be honest about it. I've written posts praising LG but I'm a fair person and I can also point out things they need to improve.

9646gt

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Between the long wait, and expecting that the V30 will not qualify for annual upgrade on Verizon, I am begining to lose intrest if I am honest.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I've looked in Best Buy and T-Mobile and LG doesn't even have production devices in stores yet. I remember the Samsung Note 8 announcement and just a few days later, the Note 8 was ready to be seen, felt, and interacted with. I'm really at odds with LG yet again after last year with the V20 and how they are going about business. I'm seriously starting to consider leaving them altogether because I really don't have a lot of confidence if they're willing to make the same mistakes over and over again. Look at any post from LG on Instagram and people are literally begging LG for the same details: release date and pricing and no one can offer any answers besides sign up for more information. Are they really serious. The Note 8 is here. The iPhone 8/Plus are here. The V30 is nowhere to be found except on Youtube for all the cool people who get to play around with pre-production units. This is clearly their best flagship offering with the fewest compromises compared to the competition and they have nothing for the people who want to buy it. It just feels like immaturity on their part especially when there is visible demand for your product. So close to moving on to another manufacturer who knows how to not just announce a product but actually answer the questions AND sell said product. I'm going to wait a little longer before I decide to skip the V30 and make the V20 my last LG device unless LG can grow up and take that next step.

LG is really shooting themselves in the foot with announcing it so long ago and no release is in site. They have a really nice device on their hands, but it is going to be forgotten by the note 8, and now the iPhone x.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
LG is really shooting themselves in the foot with announcing it so long ago and no release is in site. They have a really nice device on their hands, but it is going to be forgotten by the note 8, and now the iPhone x.

Those that really want it will wait.. Those that are on the fence might go either way. It is a shame that they seem to delay product releases for reasons we can't understand.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I think there are lawyers involved, and probably were with the V20 launching with Nougat. This time there is a Pixel contract involved. LG most likely has to make some concessions to Google to grease the wheels... they probably can't sell the V30 in the major Pixel markets yet.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
dabbb3ae5c936690ddaf3b192b1a7527.jpg

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think there are lawyers involved, and probably were with the V20 launching with Nougat. This time there is a Pixel contract involved. LG most likely has to make some concessions to Google to grease the wheels... they probably can't sell the V30 in the major Pixel markets yet.

Anything's possible, however I'm not sure what's actually true.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'll bet contracts such as the one for the Pixel are way more complicated than we can imagine.

Sent from my VS995 using AC Forums mobile app

I couldn't imagine that there would be a 'non compete' issue between the V30 and the new Pixel, but I could see there being a supply issue of p-oled panels for both devices.

Another thing could be as simple as an issue that came to light during manufacturing (ie. some reviewers saying that the panel has 'bands' that appear in low light, etc).

Or another option was that the V30 was not ready to scale up, and LG wanted to get the V30 known before buyers spent their cash on the Note 8, and maybe the Pixel even.

The simplest explanations are usually the best ones, and I have a feeling that LG is just overloaded with getting display panels ready, and just announced the device to hopefully keep people from upgrading to another newly released device.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't imagine that there would be a 'non compete' issue between the V30 and the new Pixel, but I could see there being a supply issue of p-oled panels for both devices.

Another thing could be as simple as an issue that came to light during manufacturing (ie. some reviewers saying that the panel has 'bands' that appear in low light, etc).

Or another option was that the V30 was not ready to scale up, and LG wanted to get the V30 known before buyers spent their cash on the Note 8, and maybe the Pixel even.

The simplest explanations are usually the best ones, and I have a feeling that LG is just overloaded with getting display panels ready, and just announced the device to hopefully keep people from upgrading to another newly released device.

LG does this all of the time so it seems the reasons can't be determined.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've looked in Best Buy and T-Mobile and LG doesn't even have production devices in stores yet. I remember the Samsung Note 8 announcement and just a few days later, the Note 8 was ready to be seen, felt, and interacted with. I'm really at odds with LG yet again after last year with the V20 and how they are going about business. I'm seriously starting to consider leaving them altogether because I really don't have a lot of confidence if they're willing to make the same mistakes over and over again. Look at any post from LG on Instagram and people are literally begging LG for the same details: release date and pricing and no one can offer any answers besides sign up for more information. Are they really serious. The Note 8 is here. The iPhone 8/Plus are here. The V30 is nowhere to be found except on Youtube for all the cool people who get to play around with pre-production units. This is clearly their best flagship offering with the fewest compromises compared to the competition and they have nothing for the people who want to buy it. It just feels like immaturity on their part especially when there is visible demand for your product. So close to moving on to another manufacturer who knows how to not just announce a product but actually answer the questions AND sell said product. I'm going to wait a little longer before I decide to skip the V30 and make the V20 my last LG device unless LG can grow up and take that next step.

LG is poor compared to Apple and Samsung. Can't afford it. The only thing they can afford is sending demo units to high profile YouTube reviewers.

Edit: BTW I'd rather have the money go towards research and development VS. marketing. Apple is all marketing, that's where all their money goes. Apple R&D is behind Android by a few generations. All of their features that they announced have already been on Android.

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I live next to Google. New LG phones are shown in carrier stores immediately when available at launch (maybe not big box stores). Carrier stores have the best looking displays, but they can also rip you off with all the contracts and added services. Google is a money hungry company that can't be stopped... so far from innovative they have to buy out other companies.

Last edited:

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
If LG didn't announce their phone, V30 wouldn't be a topic of discussion and everyone would be talking about and buying the Note and iPhone. But since they announced it, people are hesitant to buy those phones.

This gives LG time to prepare for a launch. The have to manufacture this phone and the Pixel 2 XL. They can't just release a phone without having enough to sell. They know what they're doing more than you think.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
But since they announced it, people are hesitant to buy those phones.
Citation?

This gives LG time to prepare for a launch.

They can't just release a phone without having enough to sell.

If they plan on releasing the device say on October 15th, making that date public doesn't change the time they have to produce units. They would be much further ahead if they say a date, and announce delays as they arise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX