What is LG doing?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I've looked in Best Buy and T-Mobile and LG doesn't even have production devices in stores yet. I remember the Samsung Note 8 announcement and just a few days later, the Note 8 was ready to be seen, felt, and interacted with. I'm really at odds with LG yet again after last year with the V20 and how they are going about business. I'm seriously starting to consider leaving them altogether because I really don't have a lot of confidence if they're willing to make the same mistakes over and over again. Look at any post from LG on Instagram and people are literally begging LG for the same details: release date and pricing and no one can offer any answers besides sign up for more information. Are they really serious. The Note 8 is here. The iPhone 8/Plus are here. The V30 is nowhere to be found except on Youtube for all the cool people who get to play around with pre-production units. This is clearly their best flagship offering with the fewest compromises compared to the competition and they have nothing for the people who want to buy it. It just feels like immaturity on their part especially when there is visible demand for your product. So close to moving on to another manufacturer who knows how to not just announce a product but actually answer the questions AND sell said product. I'm going to wait a little longer before I decide to skip the V30 and make the V20 my last LG device unless LG can grow up and take that next step.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've looked in Best Buy and T-Mobile and LG doesn't even have production devices in stores yet. I remember the Samsung Note 8 announcement and just a few days later, the Note 8 was ready to be seen, felt, and interacted with. I'm really at odds with LG yet again after last year with the V20 and how they are going about business. I'm seriously starting to consider leaving them altogether because I really don't have a lot of confidence if they're willing to make the same mistakes over and over again. Look at any post from LG on Instagram and people are literally begging LG for the same details: release date and pricing and no one can offer any answers besides sign up for more information. Are they really serious. The Note 8 is here. The iPhone 8/Plus are here. The V30 is nowhere to be found except on Youtube for all the cool people who get to play around with pre-production units. This is clearly their best flagship offering with the fewest compromises compared to the competition and they have nothing for the people who want to buy it. It just feels like immaturity on their part especially when there is visible demand for your product. So close to moving on to another manufacturer who knows how to not just announce a product but actually answer the questions AND sell said product. I'm going to wait a little longer before I decide to skip the V30 and make the V20 my last LG device unless LG can grow up and take that next step.
Yet they come with 2 year warranty so there's that. I can wait.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Yet they come with 2 year warranty so there's that. I can wait.
For AT&T. No info on whether other carriers will have the same deal. If so I can see that being a huge incentive but still the whole thing is annoying. They're teasing a device they already announced. They've been around for a while. There's no reason for them to be doing this at this point.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
For AT&T. No info on whether other carriers will have the same deal. If so I can see that being a huge incentive but still the whole thing is annoying. They're teasing a device they already announced. They've been around for a while. There's no reason for them to be doing this at this point.

With the G6 I believe it was all US models

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

If I recall correctly ATT had dummy models on display around pre-order time on the V20. Don't think they put out pre production units.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
If I recall correctly ATT had dummy models on display around pre-order time on the V20. Don't think they put out pre production units.
That's my point though. It's been over three weeks now and they don't even have production models for people to see and get hands on with.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
This type of pre announcement but no release details is just beyond stupid.

They did the same with the v20 and got nothing for it in return. They announced before everybody and everybody released before them lol

I stayed for the v10 and v20 and after that I swore they better do it right.....gg lg

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You're missing my point that they're making the same mistakes on a consistent basis now. I really expected them to learn from last year and not repeat it.

That's what I figured when I posted my last response.
A real irony is we may see the Pixel made by LG before the V30.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That's what I figured when I posted my last response.
A real irony is we may see the Pixel made by LG before the V30.
I think you're right too sadly. I just feel like I need to at least know why they're doing it this way and then I could at least be at peace with their silence. It's not the not knowing it's the why behind not knowing is what I need to know. Was that confusing?lol I just want to understand but these companies can only give us the fake "you'll hear about it soon or sign up" answer. I just don't like it is all. The Pixel 2/XL visually looks good to me. I'm sure Google is gonna kill it in the camera software department as well. But just one camera? They should double the fun like other manufacturers.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This type of pre announcement but no release details is just being stupid.

They did the same with the v20 and it for then nothing in return. They announced before everybody and everybody released before then lol

I stayed for the v10 and v20 and after that I swore they better do it right.....gg lg

I'm getting tired of their slow updates too. A couple of months ago I stated that I didn't care about updates. I'm starting to care and I'm seriously considering the Pixel 2XL. That means I'm giving up two of my favorite feature, the Quad DAC and the wide angle camera. I'll probably use the V20 as music player.

Last edited:

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting tired of their slow updates too. A couple of months ago I stated that I didn't care about updates. I'm starting to care and I'm seriously considering the Pixel 2XL. That means I'm giving up two of my favorite feature, the Quad DAC and the wide angle camera. I'll probably the V20 as music player.
V20 would still beast it out as a stand alone music player too.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
V20 would still beast it out as a stand alone music player too.

Just won't be able to answer calls during my train commute on the V20 unless I use what's app or something connected to the Pixel as a hotspot. Doesn't happen that often anyway.

Will In SF

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to a supervisor at a T-Mobile store and she said she just spoke to an LG rep and she thought he said they would be getting the V30 in early to mid October, but she w as not sure.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Wonder if they have production problems with the new screen or anything else?

There must be a reason they announce the phone then give a vague release date.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
This type of pre announcement but no release details is just beyond stupid.

They did the same with the v20 and got nothing for it in return. They announced before everybody and everybody released before them lol

I needed a new phone around the beginning of August, since my MXPE was dying. I was aware of the upcoming V30, but I couldn't wait, so I bought a brand new unlocked V20 at an inexpensive price. I'm happy with it and don't plan to upgrade to any new models, V30 or Pixel XL2 at this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2