LG V30 Tempered glass screen protectors

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering how this is going to work as well. The slight curves on the S6 and S7 make tempered glass protectors awful to look at, and I'm wondering if the V30 will have the same problem.

I use the Spigen Curved Crystal protectors on phones that have the slight curved edges (its the protector in the orange box). Its a hard plastic that does not curl up on the edges, clear, and lasts a long time. This is my plan for the V30 if the tempered glass ends up being the same for the V30.

SchinkenSpicker

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
I don't know to be honest, would be nice if someone has experience with liquid screen protectors.

I'm wondering if I'd have to add a new oleophobic coating on the protector or if the protector itself is olephobic.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
A lot of the tempered glass protectors that are curved lift up, have huge bubbles, etc. Some of them have solid-coloured edges to cover up the bubbles, and have a 'dot matrix' pattern inside the protector.

I'll know in one second when I see the phone in person if there will ever be a tempered glass protector that will work as good as the ones I used to put on my phones like the earlier S series, my old iPhones, and the G4...the S6 and S7 had the slight curves around the edges, and I was happy to see the G6 have a flat screen earlier this year...but I have already given up on a tempered glass protector for this phone, based on the pics I have seen (I hope I'm wrong).

I predict this thread growing to many pages of people trying different glass protectors, some claiming success with various obscure brands off of Amazon and Aliexpress, while a plethora of others chase those same protectors based on those results and report awful results of their own lol. It's like chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
A lot of the tempered glass protectors that are curved lift up, have huge bubbles, etc. Some of them have solid-coloured edges to cover up the bubbles, and have a 'dot matrix' pattern inside the protector.

I'll know in one second when I see the phone in person if there will ever be a tempered glass protector that will work as good as the ones I used to put on my phones like the earlier S series, my old iPhones, and the G4...the S6 and S7 had the slight curves around the edges, and I was happy to see the G6 have a flat screen earlier this year...but I have already given up on a tempered glass protector for this phone, based on the pics I have seen (I hope I'm wrong).

I predict this thread growing to many pages of people trying different glass protectors, some claiming success with various obscure brands off of Amazon and Aliexpress, while a plethora of others chase those same protectors based on those results and report awful results of their own lol. It's like chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

The best ones are partial coverage that lay flat

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The best ones are partial coverage that lay flat

The curved one I got from Amazon was only like $7, so I figured I'd give it a try. The curve is very, very subtle.....nothing like the Galaxy phones. If it sucks, I'll just replace it with a flat one.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Going with a case (for the first time in two phones), but not doing a screen protector. Have been fine for 5+ years without one, so don't see a true need.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
For the record, the curved tempered glass protector I lonked above fit perfect with no issues. It was 100% the easiest one ive ever put on

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
For $40.00 it better.

It is a bit more expensive. But right now it's on sale plus another 10% discount on it. I paid $30 for it. But, it has a lifetime warranty as well. I've had it on other phones and had it replaced and they have great customer service and don't hesitate to replace it.

qmann05

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I threw on an iCarez protector. Getting it on correct wasn't difficult. It's blacked out around the edges so it won't have any Halo, not that I think there would be it fits well. I do not think there is any glue other than around the border so we will see if any dust starts to get under the screen.

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i purchased this one before the phone was released so i didn't really have any reviews to go off of.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6010050

this is my 1st curved screen phone so i'm not sure what my expectations should even be. the screen protectors i had for my G4 and G6 covered them well. due to the curve, it seems the gap between the glass protector and the case border is even that much bigger. i don't think any damage will occur barring a sever drop but the dust accumulation will be something i have to be on top of. all in all, it's better than nothing for now at least.1007172232.jpg
1007172233.jpg

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
i purchased this one before the phone was released so i didn't really have any reviews to go off of.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075BPCHTN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=androidcentral00-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6010050

this is my 1st curved screen phone so i'm not sure what my expectations should even be. the screen protectors i had for my G4 and G6 covered them well. due to the curve, it seems the gap between the glass protector and the case border is even that much bigger. i don't think any damage will occur barring a sever drop but the dust accumulation will be something i have to be on top of. all in all, it's better than nothing for now at least.View attachment 270676
View attachment 270677

This actually looks pretty nice