LG V30 Tempered glass screen protectors

tzr916

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Ya after using it for a while, it does seem to sometimes not recognize when I press the screen. I do sometimes find myself pressing twice to get it to go.

It appears this protector "floats" ever so slightly above the actual screen. It's held on by sticky around the edges. Advantage being it will NEVER form any bubbles. Disadvantage, possibly not as sensitive- But I am actually getting used to it, learning to press a little harder.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
i purchased this one before the phone was released so i didn't really have any reviews to go off of.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6055577

this is my 1st curved screen phone so i'm not sure what my expectations should even be. the screen protectors i had for my G4 and G6 covered them well. due to the curve, it seems the gap between the glass protector and the case border is even that much bigger. i don't think any damage will occur barring a sever drop but the dust accumulation will be something i have to be on top of. all in all, it's better than nothing for now at least.View attachment 270676
View attachment 270677

How's touch sensitivity been, any issues so far?

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I got my LG V30 day one and had ordered a couple brands of tempered curved protectors that actually arrived the day before the phone. I have had zero issues. No rsinbow.,the layers flat. All full screen. I think the curve is subtle enough they can pull it off. Of course I broke one with keys in my pocket.

Lurkingloaf

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I got my LG V30 day one and had ordered a couple brands of tempered curved protectors that actually arrived the day before the phone. I have had zero issues. No rsinbow.,the layers flat. All full screen. I think the curve is subtle enough they can pull it off. Of course I broke one with keys in my pocket.

What screen protector has no rainbows? I tried 3 so far and they all have a rainbow in the center
Yjx

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What screen protector has no rainbows? I tried 3 so far and they all have a rainbow in the center
Yjx

The rainbow ones usually don't actually adhere to the glass but float on top of it while the edges are glued down. Hopefully someone will come up with one that actually works like the V20, it took a few months before they made a really good screen protector that worked (PThink was the brand). Since the glass is curved, it's going to be tough or impossible.

I also recall someone making a hybrid plastic and glass screen protector that actually worked on the curved G5, though it was a bit pricey.

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The rainbow ones usually don't actually adhere to the glass but float on top of it while the edges are glued down. Hopefully someone will come up with one that actually works like the V20, it took a few months before they made a really good screen protector that worked (PThink was the brand). Since the glass is curved, it's going to be tough or impossible.

I also recall someone making a hybrid plastic and glass screen protector that actually worked on the curved G5, though it was a bit pricey.
Opposite experience here. I never found one for my V20 that didn't rainbow. I just found one I could tolerate. I have tried three for the V30 and none had a rainbow. One was only partial coverage and actually too small bit be others were full screen and fine. I only changed because I broke one with keys in my pocket. The one I broke came with my Zizo case(the higher end zizo). I think I have a Spigen on now. You do have to get them in perfect though.

ShamusMcGonnigal

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Opposite experience here. I never found one for my V20 that didn't rainbow. I just found one I could tolerate. I have tried three for the V30 and none had a rainbow. One was only partial coverage and actually too small bit be others were full screen and fine. I only changed because I broke one with keys in my pocket. The one I broke came with my Zizo case(the higher end zizo). I think I have a Spigen on now. You do have to get them in perfect though.

Well thanks guys, I have a terrible problem with sensitivity and 2 rainbows blobs in the center of the screen protector. I had Verizon put one on (gadget guard) I believe and tried one from GO Wireless also. Both have the same issues. So I'm still looking for brand recommendations. (Is my V30 lagging and unresponsive to touch or is it my screen protector.. I wonder... Hmm) But I can't deny that the giant rainbow blobs are ugly and don't help with the touch sensitivity.
Thanks

Last edited:

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I think you tried the earlier versions of the full screen protector on the V20. Several months later after release, they came out with one that was 100% full adhesive, with the borders being glued down while the actual screen adheres like a real screen protector.

With super curved edges, I don't think any manufacture can do it. It's like the S8+ and Note 8, practically impossible and the only way is through wet install protectors.

Wet install protectors have gotten much better and they feel really smooth. I have a brand called Rinoskin for my Gear Fit 2 and the technology is amazing, looks and feels super smooth and scratches and dings automatically heal. If anyone wants to try the Rinoskin on the V30, let me know!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think you tried the earlier versions of the full screen protector on the V20. Several months later after release, they came out with one that was 100% full adhesive, with the borders being glued down while the actual screen adheres like a real screen protector.

With super curved edges, I don't think any manufacture can do it. It's like the S8+ and Note 8, practically impossible and the only way is through wet install protectors.

Wet install protectors have gotten much better and they feel really smooth. I have a brand called Rinoskin for my Gear Fit 2 and the technology is amazing, looks and feels super smooth and scratches and dings automatically heal. If anyone wants to try the Rinoskin on the V30, let me know!

Is rhinoskin plastic film?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thermoplastic urethane so like a hybrid. If I had a V30, I think I'll get this. I really like the Rinoskin on my Gear Fit2. Installation is sorta easy cause you just spray water on it and squeegee it.

[2-PACK] LG V30 Screen Protector (Edge-to-Edge) [Military-Grade] RinoGear Premium HD Invisible Clear Shield Anti-Bubble https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075CB3XN...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6095659

I have IQ shield.... wondering if it's similar...works great on Pixel

tzr916

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
My first curved glass screen protector as well. Got this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FGT815?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6128671
My review on that page says it all... Perfect.

3 months later the screen protector is cracked. Phone was not dropped, so must have happened inside computer/tool bag.

Besides that I just cannot get used to the ill affects on the touch screen sensitivity, thus I have no interest in the Dmax Lifetime Warranty replacement.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I got the incipio screen protector which has an alignment tool. I did notice that the screen sensitivity is not as good now and it gets a little rainbow effect. I'll post pictures later to show how it compares to the excellent screen protector I found for my V20 that covers the curves at the top and bottom of that screen, but it annoys me that the screen has a grey haze now instead of being a deep black as it would with a flat screen protector.

I'll scroll through these posts on this thread to see if anyone has found one that actually adheres to the screen and gives the screen back the nice black it should have when off.

Aithan

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
3 months later the screen protector is cracked. Phone was not dropped, so must have happened inside computer/tool bag.

Besides that I just cannot get used to the ill affects on the touch screen sensitivity, thus I have no interest in the Dmax Lifetime Warranty replacement.

Just wanted to give a shoutout and thank you for updating with your experience. :)

I'm generally a wait-and-see sort of person so seeing people updating their experiences over time is really helpful to me.

I'm sorry it didn't work out, though. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol