Just curious as to what is drawing your attention to the V30. Camera? QuadDAC? Value? LG loyalist? Overall package?

Personally, the camera and video features are winning me over. I've never had one of the higher end cell cameras, so this will be a nice departure. I go to a lot of concerts, and I always lament that the pictures and videos I took with my phone are crap. Hoping the V30 impressed in that arena. My wife's G6 does a nice job, so hoping the V30 takes it one step further.

The QuadDAC is also appealing, though my main audio use is BT so I doubt I'll hear much difference. But it'll be welcomed in those times I actually hard wire into the phone.
    Aquila and Diehlirious like this.
    10-03-2017 08:48 AM
    Camera, T-Mobile 600 MHz, price vs competition (Note 8, iPhone X, Pixel 2), quad DAC, want to give LG a try.
    10-03-2017 09:02 AM
    Features:
    - high screen to body ratio without an edge display
    - wide angle camera
    - Quad DAC
    - FM radio

Personal reasons:
    - it's high end but no Samsung
    - it's high end but no ugly stock Android

I will only buy it, if the screen has no problems. There have been some reports about quality issues. A Mate 10 would be my second choice.
    10-03-2017 09:32 AM
    Pros: large oled screen, water resistance, camera, and ergonomics (no edge display and fingerprint scanner in a good spot). Storage options help, as does wireless charging. I don't care about the audio, and a lot of phones have a great camera this year, so its mainly the ergonomics that have me interested.

I'm waiting to see if the screen has noticable bands in it as some have reported before I pull any triggers.
    10-03-2017 10:28 AM
    For me it’s only snapdragon 835 with quad dac features.
    10-03-2017 10:34 AM
    I am coming from the V10 and V20, so glad it will have the DAC (with headphone jack!), the dual camera setup and water resistance, icing on the cake! I might miss the removable battery, but glad I will have wireless charging again. From what I have read so far, battery life has been really good.
    10-03-2017 12:17 PM
    I'm coming from the V10 (have been very happy with that phone)...these are the biggest draws:
    -Quad DAC (I use headphones very frequently, and am big into music)
    -Camera (not a serious photog, but do take a fare amount of pictures. I also record video of myself making music a lot)
    -Physical layout. (Love the fingerprint scanner placement. Like the height/width ratio.....others just seem so tall to me......taking to you Samsung)
    Lastly, we'll have to wait and see....is toughness. My V10 is tough as nails.....seriously. If the V30 has any of that toughness in its DNA, I'll be very happy
    Daniel Barros likes this.
    10-03-2017 03:30 PM
    So if I get the V30 it will, in part be because of how well my G6 is performing.

It'll be because of the wide angle camera. The 1.6 aperture and the video zoom transitioning

I admit I'm not a photographer and all the camera features are a bit lost on me. For that reason I've been using my daughter's old G5 and and watching some videos and trying to learn.

The overall size, the aspect ratio, the screen to body % are right in my wheel house. Not to mention the minor things like fps location and the glass camera lenses.

The 32 bit sound recording which is a bump up from the V20s 24 bit capabilities...

The main thing that kept me away from the V line so far has been the secondary display. It's just not for me and that's been remedied with the V30. To top it off it's now IP68 water and dust resistance.

Of course I have to get the damn thing in my hand to make a final decision.
    10-03-2017 08:54 PM
    Snapdragon 835
    OLED display
    T-mobile 600 MHz (Band 71)
    Costs less than Note 8
    Camera

I currently have a V20 which is a great phone and I have had no problems with.
    10-04-2017 01:00 AM
    It compares to the Note 8 but for a decent amount less.
    Wide-angle > zoom & portrait
    Log/Video features > video stability
    (if there was a big enough difference I would go w/ stability but it's not big enough for me)
    Bonus features: Quad Dac > Spen
    experiment 626 likes this.
    10-04-2017 05:19 AM
    THAT DAC and AMP!!!!!
    10-04-2017 08:21 AM
    I want a larger screen and I wanted the s pen. But, the wide angle camera is what I need.
    I find myself in areas that the normal lens is not adequate. So, the cameras and screen are my main reason. Looked at the N8, nice but the V30 has the cameras and it is physically smaller with a big 6" screen. Waterproofing is an extra.

Lateck,
    10-04-2017 08:33 AM
    Nope, there's really no compelling reason to give up my v20 for this one.

I'm not a fan of sealed phones and non-removable batteries and since the v20 does everything great I'll wait it out and see if they bring them back in a year or so.

Mac
    10-04-2017 10:29 AM
    The 13MP wide angle alone is a selling point, can't tell you how often I use the wide angle on my V20, at least 50% of the time.

Can't wait to use the 16MP, 1.6 aperture camera, probably the only flagship this year to actually make huge improvements while everyone else re-used the same lens. I still love my V20 camera though it slow in lowlight. I personally think LG makes better cameras, I was much happier with the V20 camera VS the weak Galaxy S7 12MP.

The Quad DAC headphone jack and microSD card slot helped earned my respect for LG for respecting the wants and needs of consumers. And have you heard the Quad DAC on the V20? Keeping the jack and improving it was a good and honest move, it's not about business it's about the consumer.

I am eager to finally upgrade to the SD 835, much faster and battery efficient. Combine it with LGs optimized OS + OLED screen, you will have killer battery life performance.

And lastly, dang, such a beautiful device. Actually flawless. Perfect FPS placement, totally symmetrical (S8 and Note 8 were NOT symmetrical). Nice, subtle curves without making the device annoying to use. Looks wayy better than the Note 8, S8 Plus, and IMO Pixel 2 which looks like a child's toy.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    10-05-2017 02:12 AM
    Agree with everything above.
    It's the pick of the litter for 2017 flagship devices, IMO.

Just need to read the actual owner reviews, DxOMark analysis on the cameras, confirm battery life, and most importantly, I need to try it out.

Looking forward to monitoring this forum.
    10-05-2017 07:26 AM
    I've been a Nexus guy since the Nexus 4... then N7, and N9, and N5x.... have loved the pure Google experience and quick updates. Was eager to move to a Pixel next..... but then circumstances changed as I find myself traveling alot in rural areas for vacations, camping, RV trips etc... Now, the 600mHz band 71 is the most important feature to future proof myself - I'm not a new phone every year guy. Only got the 5x because I fried the N4 on my car dash. Yes, I know that updates have ended after 2 years for both of those phones, but the 3 year life of the new pixel is alluring.

Daughter wants a phone now, so I am giving her the 5x and getting myself the V30... wish me luck as I venture into the scary lands of non Google LG software.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    10-05-2017 06:59 PM
    I've been a Nexus guy since the Nexus 4... then N7, and N9, and N5x.... have loved the pure Google experience and quick updates. Was eager to move to a Pixel next..... but then circumstances changed as I find myself traveling alot in rural areas for vacations, camping, RV trips etc... Now, the 600mHz band 71 is the most important feature to future proof myself - I'm not a new phone every year guy. Only got the 5x because I fried the N4 on my car dash. Yes, I know that updates have ended after 2 years for both of those phones, but the 3 year life of the new pixel is alluring.

Daughter wants a phone now, so I am giving her the 5x and getting myself the V30... wish me luck as I venture into the scary lands of non Google LG software. Just hoping the LG experience is quelled by the fact I am getting all these new video/camera features, water proofing, etc as well as the band 71.
    10-05-2017 07:00 PM
    Sorry LG.... not this time. As much as I love the V20 and it's DAC you just screwed the pooch on this one. Limiting features and colors by market just plain sucks.
    My choices on Verizon are silver and more silver.
    10-05-2017 09:42 PM
    Colour is fine for me as I like silver, and it's the only option we will get up here.... but Mike I'm thinking the banding issue with the screens has turned me off for this years upgrade for me.

The pixel 2 xl was your 2nd choice and mine... But it shares the same screen. What would be your third choice?
    10-05-2017 11:10 PM
    I am on Verizon and I have been an HTC guy for the last few year from the DNA to the HTC 10...Well Verizon doesnt have a new HTC phone to offer and the only one out doesnt have a headphone jack anyway so I would pass on it for that reason. V30 seems to check off many boxes for me, good camera, DAC, sd card slot, headphone jack. If I could have one more feature it would be front facing speakers but I hear the speaker is pretty good for what it is. I am hoping I like it and I have no issues. I ordered it with in store pick up so I should be able to get it tomorrow or Saturday.
    10-05-2017 11:21 PM
    I've had the Note 8 since launch and unfortunately it's just too tall. I wish Sammy would do away with the edge screen and 18.5 aspect ratio. Those combined create a narrow, way too tall display imo.

Stoked to be getting the V30 today. Good luck everyone...and have fun!
    10-06-2017 12:48 PM
    I'm sick of my Galaxy S7. I like its features but it's gotten very laggy. The thermal throttling is terrible. As soon as the temperature bumps it slows down terribly. Living in Phoenix Arizona this can easily happen in ambient conditions. Also streaming media via Bluetooth broke again for my Volkswagen with the latest update last week.

As for the V30 itself I'm very excited about the video and audio recording capabilities, the quad DAC as I'm a bit of an audiophile, the attention given to thermal management, Bluetooth aptx. The unexpected $200 Visa gift card and free Daydream headset promo made the decision all the easier.
    10-06-2017 01:04 PM