10-05-2017 12:04 AM
36 12
tools
    Stopped by my local Verizon store to see if they will have the V30 available Thursday for sale.. The guy had no clue and said he hadn't even seen a unit yet... Great job LG! so want this phone because I have 2 sets of Lg platinum Tone headsets.. And this phone can replace my V20 With Aptx HD!
    10-03-2017 02:22 PM
    Their marketing sucks!
    10-03-2017 02:23 PM
    Verizon sux, they are controlled by Samsung and Apple
    firebirder likes this.
    10-03-2017 02:26 PM
    I don't disagree that they do too.. But by not pushing their product, they have allowed Apple and Samsung to have that control.
    10-03-2017 03:04 PM
    Most employees at those phone stores probably don't know what shift they're working the next day, let alone phones that will be going on sale.

The phone should be there Thursday, if not soon after.
    furbymac likes this.
    10-03-2017 03:05 PM
    Yeah....I've felt for several years now that Verizon has a serious dislike for LG. They don't make any effort to push their devices....it even seems at times they deliberately try to sabotage LG sales.
    10-03-2017 03:14 PM
    I worked at Verizon. Apple did NOTHING for us, they are just popular with customers, nearly 50% of sales.

Samsung on the other hand has employees in every market that visit stores and train Verizon reps on their products. They have online courses and give free merchandise to Verizon employees for completing the training, they even selected employees at every location to be Samsung advocates and provide free phones and smart watches. Every new launch the rep was in the store showing the new features, and giving us advice on how to position and sell their products. Samsung made it their job to ensure every person on the sales floor at Verizon knew in detail the features and hardware provided by Samsung, and in return over 90% of our employees used Samsung phones believing they were the best.

BlackBerry and Microsoft sent employees to train us as well, but didn't put forth nearly the same level of effort.

LG, Moto, HTC, did absolutely NOTHING. They didn't even have reps to contact or training material to provide, it was like they didn't care if we knew about their phones or not. They gave us zero incentive to learn about and try to sell their products.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    10-03-2017 03:34 PM
    Yeah....I've felt for several years now that Verizon has a serious dislike for LG. They don't make any effort to push their devices....it even seems at times they deliberately try to sabotage LG sales.
    Already replied to someone else, but basically Samsung rewards Verizon reps for pushing their products while LG makes no effort. Plus commission payouts were higher on Samsung. Why sell an LG to a customer when the Samsung puts more money on my paycheck and Samsung gives free merchandise for selling their stuff on top of it. Samsung literally gives free phones to employees that completed training and pushed Samsung on customers.
    10-03-2017 03:39 PM
    Already replied to someone else, but basically Samsung rewards Verizon reps for pushing their products while LG makes no effort. Plus commission payouts were higher on Samsung. Why sell an LG to a customer when the Samsung puts more money on my paycheck and Samsung gives free merchandise for selling their stuff on top of it. Samsung literally gives free phones to employees that completed training and pushed Samsung on customers.
    Why? Maybe because said customer wants an LG, plain and simple. THAT’S customer service, thinking about them before your pockets and it’s much more rewarding.
    10-03-2017 03:56 PM
    That doesn't surprise me... It's the effort by a company.. Back in'97 I worked at an Electronic Boutique had the Palm rep, come in and trained me on the original Palm Pilot.. I Loved the technology, understanding it completely.. And I could sell them because of it! That's what companies need to do to get people Passionate about their product..LG has great product here.. I know it, because I research and know technology.. But I am not a random customer... This is where they are failing.. Last phone I needed for my Daughter.. The rep. Knew all about and Loved the Moto Z2 and for what she needed, it was perfect.. He sold me on it, and she Loves it... For the price... So do I! I need and want more.. I've had the V10 and V20. LG earned me... As a Samsung fan before... I'm going for the V30 from my experiences... And enjoying those 2 more than I did the note series.. Having gone from 1—4and bailing when they stopped with expanded memory...... LG nailed it with the V10 that year... And I'm loyal now, and definitely looking forward to water resistance... The V30 Is what I want... But they need to market to get others!
    10-03-2017 04:45 PM
    OnzxOn Zaza
    10-03-2017 05:03 PM
    Why? Maybe because said customer wants an LG, plain and simple. THAT’S customer service, thinking about them before your pockets and it’s much more rewarding.
    Um, I'm not sure what world you're living in. People are going ti look out for themselves before they look out for some random customer lol.
    10-03-2017 05:58 PM
    Because Sales People the world over are "Coin Operated". Every company knows how this works. You want a sales person to sell your product - Give the person financial intensives to sell your product. If a person comes in an wants an LG phone they will sell it, but don't expect the sales person to push something they don't get trained and compensated on.

A Verizon sales person's paycheck is based on how much they sell. The faster the sell the more they can sell the more money they make. Samsung and Apple do a lot of marketing and promos to make a sales person's job easier. BTW - LG can be just as active as Samsung, they choose not to provide the same training, marketing, incentives and support as their competition.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-03-2017 06:25 PM
    Um, I'm not sure what world you're living in. People are going ti look out for themselves before they look out for some random customer lol.
    I live in a world where I know what it’s like to own a business. And trust me, it’s a lot more rewarding, financially, when you put your customers before your wallet

When they’re satisfied, they come back. They also pass the word around. Free publicity, new and returning customers. Boom!
    10-03-2017 06:31 PM
    I live in a world where I know what it’s like to own a business. And trust me, it’s a lot more rewarding, financially, when you put your customers before your wallet

When they’re satisfied, they come back. They also pass the word around. Free publicity, new and returning customers. Boom!
    Yeah, for your business. But, these low level reps probably don't care how Verizon does overall so the only thing that's rewarding for them financially is to push the products where they make more. I mean Verizon could care less about us, so I really don't think their reps care. I see what you're saying though. That's an overall good way to be when you have a business. These corporations could care less though.
    10-03-2017 06:37 PM
    How so? You mean the reps push Samsung and Apple since it sells easier then others? That I could agree with... But that goes for any carrier store.
    10-03-2017 06:44 PM
    Thing is almost no one came in and asked for an LG. When I made twice as much in some cases selling a Samsung, I personally use a Samsung, and most people walk in asking for a Galaxy or iPhone. Why would I go out of my way to present an LG? Work harder and make less money? I never talked people out of LG, I just had zero reason to push it to someone who isn't already looking for one.
    10-03-2017 11:29 PM
    How so? You mean the reps push Samsung and Apple since it sells easier then others? That I could agree with... But that goes for any carrier store.
    Apple and Samsung spend millions of dollars marketing their phones. The money is not just the visable TV and internet adds. They also spend millions in MDF, every display poster you see at Best Buy, your local carrier store is paid for with MDF funds. Meaning funds from the manufacturer matched with funds from the retailer.

I just spent two weeks in Europe and every wireless store I passed had Note 8 banners and displays. I have been back a little over a week I would guess now many also have iPhone 8 banners. I can pretty much guarantee almost all the sales people in these stores know Samsung reps. They have received training and swag to get them to like Samsung. The most important aspect is the training, no salesperson wants to sale something they don't know.

You can repeat all you want that it is their job to learn does not matter won't happen. LG has the responsibility to train, empower and build a pipeline of sales prospects to walk in the stores asking for LG. How responsive is LG, they leave V10 displays up in Best Buy over a year after the V20 is announced. Best Buy does not care LG is paying for that space. What message do you think this sends to the stores mobile sales team.
    10-04-2017 12:56 AM
    Everyone talks about the lack of LG marketing, but it's supposedly the day before you can get the phone at Verizon, and we still don't know what colors will be available, the price, or any promotions.
    MA2GA28 likes this.
    10-04-2017 05:51 AM
    Thing is almost no one came in and asked for an LG. When I made twice as much in some cases selling a Samsung, I personally use a Samsung, and most people walk in asking for a Galaxy or iPhone. Why would I go out of my way to present an LG? Work harder and make less money? I never talked people out of LG, I just had zero reason to push it to someone who isn't already looking for one.
    I agree, for the most part!
    10-04-2017 06:20 AM
    Some of these posts are very interesting. Interesting to see how other companies push their devices. Clear to see why LG is failing in this regard. More importantly, they have not changed their approach. Why should outcomes be different with this phone?
    10-04-2017 06:27 AM
    Apple and Samsung spend millions of dollars marketing their phones. The money is not just the visable TV and internet adds. They also spend millions in MDF, every display poster you see at Best Buy, your local carrier store is paid for with MDF funds. Meaning funds from the manufacturer matched with funds from the retailer.

I just spent two weeks in Europe and every wireless store I passed had Note 8 banners and displays. I have been back a little over a week I would guess now many also have iPhone 8 banners. I can pretty much guarantee almost all the sales people in these stores know Samsung reps. They have received training and swag to get them to like Samsung. The most important aspect is the training, no salesperson wants to sale something they don't know.

You can repeat all you want that it is their job to learn does not matter won't happen. LG has the responsibility to train, empower and build a pipeline of sales prospects to walk in the stores asking for LG. How responsive is LG, they leave V10 displays up in Best Buy over a year after the V20 is announced. Best Buy does not care LG is paying for that space. What message do you think this sends to the stores mobile sales team.
    Okay -- I agree they do spend millions. I still don't see how they makes Verizon being controlled by them. I just see it as sales reps selling something that .. sells. Why would sales people not push the most known / bought products?

I still fail to see Verizon being controlled by them. I can go into Verizon and get whatever phone I want -- no matter what they push -- so I guess it just doesn't click with how I work in terms of something being controlled. Being controlled to me would mean something like they only sell that in stores and I have to go online to get the other stuff.
    10-04-2017 08:15 AM
    Just called my local Verizon. Had no clue what I was talking about when I asked if the new LG, the V30 would be carried tomorrow. Lol, so yeah, well done LG. Your marketing brilliance shines again.
    10-04-2017 09:37 AM
    Just a quick follow up note, the sales girl told me they had no idea when the phones are even being released, but did try to pitch me on the new Samsung and Iphone.

How could the sales reps not even have any idea when this phone would be available?
    10-04-2017 09:43 AM
    Just a quick follow up note, the sales girl told me they had no idea when the phones are even being released, but did try to pitch me on the new Samsung and Iphone.

How could the sales reps not even have any idea when this phone would be available?
    Because they don't make any money promoting them.

Good grief this isn't rocket science....

Mac
    10-04-2017 10:42 AM
36 12