So I am still in the process of setting up my phone when I ran into this issue (at least for me it is) The only thing I want an actual notification sound for is my text messages..I have notifications setup for Twitter, Instagram and FB Messenger but I just want those notifications to appear in the bar silently. I can't seem to figure out how to stop the notification sound from happening for these notifications too. In the notification sound area in settings there is no option for silent. I get way too many social media notifications for there to be a sound every time.
    10-06-2017 03:41 PM
    I think you have to go into each app individually to set the notifications for them, or the app settings on the phone.
    10-06-2017 03:43 PM
    So I am still in the process of setting up my phone when I ran into this issue (at least for me it is) The only thing I want an actual notification sound for is my text messages..I have notifications setup for Twitter, Instagram and FB Messenger but I just want those notifications to appear in the bar silently. I can't seem to figure out how to stop the notification sound from happening for these notifications too. In the notification sound area in settings there is no option for silent. I get way too many social media notifications for there to be a sound every time.
    I just noticed that the v30 doesn't have a notification LED
    10-06-2017 03:46 PM
    I think you have to go into each app individually to set the notifications for them, or the app settings on the phone.
    The in app settings are all set right, there should be no sound based off how I have those set. When I go to application manager notifcations settings are as follow "Block"( Show no notifications from this app regardless of the notifications settings in the app) "silent"(Dont sound vibrate or appear on the screen regardless of the notification settings in the app) and "priority (let these notifications interrupt when do not disturb is set to priority only)

All of these dont seem to be what I want because it will also block the bar notification if I am understanding correctly.
    10-06-2017 03:48 PM
    No it doesn't which that onto its self is adjustment for me but I really cant do with sounds for everything.
    10-06-2017 03:49 PM
    I am testing out the silent option that I posted, it sounds like it would block everything but maybe I am just misunderstanding it.
    10-06-2017 03:57 PM
    Hold down the notification you want to silence in the notification shade and you should get the option to silence it.
    10-06-2017 04:10 PM
    The silent option I posted seems to have worked, I just misunderstood what it does. Thanks for the replies.
    shaimere likes this.
    10-06-2017 04:54 PM
    I know I'm going to get a lot of crap fr saying this, but if I'd know this ahead of time, it might have been a deal breaker. I'll see if I can live without it.
    10-06-2017 05:02 PM
    I know I'm going to get a lot of crap fr saying this, but if I'd know this ahead of time, it might have been a deal breaker. I'll see if I can live without it.
    It's because it has the AOD.
    10-06-2017 06:07 PM
    U will easily get use to it... Iam using G6 and Honor 8 pro... I find G6 Aod way easy to see what notifications I have got than notification light on honor 8 pro
    10-06-2017 07:28 PM