My 30 minutes Impressions on AT&T V30

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Store by my work had one on display next to a G6 (which is $300 less, dang). Please keep in mind this is 30 minutes of play only for what i thought was important to me. i have an iPhone 7+ now but previously an HTC One X, LG Optimus G, LG G3 and LG G4, switched for better battery life.

PROS
-It is quick, really quick even with all the demo crap and random downloaded apps by employees, scrolling was smoother than i remember on my G4(euro version, no bloat)
-Pictures on AUTO MODE came out as nice as my 7+ in that indoor environment
-Feels so much nicer in hand versus my fat phone, did seem long though (top to bottom)
-Loading the games i play were faster than my iphone
-After opening more apps/games and switching back, games were still active and didn't need to reload/relaunch
-Display unit did not have screen issues mentioned in other threads, banding or spots. I looked all over it and even used a screen test app but this screen was perfect.

CONS
-front facing cam is not better than mine without editing
-trying different modes in camera other than AUTO caused a SAVING load screen, not cool, too slow
-no Depth Effect type of option, i love this option too much
-fingerprint city on Silver back, which is fine since i use a case

Kinda bummed about the front cam, slow cam and depth effect. I want to go back to Android but not sure if this is the one. Plus still waiting on more battery reports, has to beat my current 6hr SOT of straight gaming/movie watching on this 1 year old iphone.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the insight. What's your top 3 favorite things and least 1 favorite thing?

Maybe speed, ram management and pictures

Least is no depth effect as I use it a lot

Most important in general is screen on time but I won't know until I buy the phone which may not happen.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Store by my work had one on display next to a G6 (which is $300 less, dang). Please keep in mind this is 30 minutes of play only for what i thought was important to me. i have an iPhone 7+ now but previously an HTC One X, LG Optimus G, LG G3 and LG G4, switched for better battery life.

PROS
-It is quick, really quick even with all the demo crap and random downloaded apps by employees, scrolling was smoother than i remember on my G4(euro version, no bloat)
-Pictures on AUTO MODE came out as nice as my 7+ in that indoor environment
-Feels so much nicer in hand versus my fat phone, did seem long though (top to bottom)
-Loading the games i play were faster than my iphone
-After opening more apps/games and switching back, games were still active and didn't need to reload/relaunch
-Display unit did not have screen issues mentioned in other threads, banding or spots. I looked all over it and even used a screen test app but this screen was perfect.

CONS
-front facing cam is not better than mine without editing
-trying different modes in camera other than AUTO caused a SAVING load screen, not cool, too slow
-no Depth Effect type of option, i love this option too much
-fingerprint city on Silver back, which is fine since i use a case

Kinda bummed about the front cam, slow cam and depth effect. I want to go back to Android but not sure if this is the one. Plus still waiting on more battery reports, has to beat my current 6hr SOT of straight gaming/movie watching on this 1 year old iphone.

You didn't get a chance to try three best feature. That tremendous ESS Sabre quad dac. It's on par with my astell&kern high resolution music player. But it also plays MQA files. The A&k doesn't.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You didn't get a chance to try three best feature. That tremendous ESS Sabre quad dac. It's on par with my astell&kern high resolution music player. But it also plays MQA files. The A&k doesn't.

A pro for some but I just use my BT headsets.