V30 owners: Is the glass 100% flat on the surface?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I know it has curves. I'm wondering if anyone tried a glass screen protector and if there is any warping on the screen. There were issues with the LG G5 glass not being 100% flat (the main display portion of the screen) and therefore making tempered glass screen protectors impossible without leaving halo effect. Some manufactures make their glass precisely 100% flat, other had flaws.

Perfect example: I bought 2 V20s. The one I got at launch wasn't 100% flat, so screen protectors would leave halo effects in certain areas. My 2nd V20 that I got was indeed 100% flat and I was happy I could have a tempered glass protector on without any halo effect.

Do people still use screen protectors? Yes. I've already seen a scratch on Display models of the Note 8, OCD and cringe worthy.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I know it has curves. I'm wondering if anyone tried a glass screen protector and if there is any warping on the screen. There were issues with the LG G5 glass not being 100% flat (the main display portion of the screen) and therefore making tempered glass screen protectors impossible without leaving halo effect. Some manufactures make their glass precisely 100% flat, other had flaws.

Perfect example: I bought 2 V20s. The one I got at launch wasn't 100% flat, so screen protectors would leave halo effects in certain areas. My 2nd V20 that I got was indeed 100% flat and I was happy I could have a tempered glass protector on without any halo effect.

Do people still use screen protectors? Yes. I've already seen a scratch on Display models of the Note 8, OCD and cringe worthy.
I've had multiple screen protectors on my V20 and all of them had zero bubbles or any other indication that the screen wasn't perfectly flat. When I chip or crack them I get a new one, and this current one I have has lifting on the edges. So sometimes it's not the phone.

I did have a V10 before this and it was quite annoying that every single tempered glass I put on the phone it had a spot on the top right corner that always lifted within a couple days.

Curious as to what screen protectors come out that support the curves of the screen.

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
the V20 was curved at the bottom and I never bothered with tempered glass because I heard of so many issues.. so I had a screen protector on it, but not tempered glass. now my V30 I bought a tempered glass and it goes on the front perfectly.. the curve on the front glass is just on the far edges... the tempered glass just goes across the front.. it works great.. but I admit, it doesn't look the greatest...

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had multiple screen protectors on my V20 and all of them had zero bubbles or any other indication that the screen wasn't perfectly flat. When I chip or crack them I get a new one, and this current one I have has lifting on the edges. So sometimes it's not the phone.

I did have a V10 before this and it was quite annoying that every single tempered glass I put on the phone it had a spot on the top right corner that always lifted within a couple days.

Curious as to what screen protectors come out that support the curves of the screen.

The newer glass screen protectors are glued to the borders, and some do not actually stick to the screen so sometimes it leaves a "rainbow effect". Most are fine with that because there's not much choices with curved screens. I recall a manufacturer making a hybrid glass and plastic screen that can deal with curves (for the G5). I also recall the spray on glass screen protectors that you just spray and wipe on, not a really good idea though as it doesn't last long or work well.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
the V20 was curved at the bottom and I never bothered with tempered glass because I heard of so many issues.. so I had a screen protector on it, but not tempered glass. now my V30 I bought a tempered glass and it goes on the front perfectly.. the curve on the front glass is just on the far edges... the tempered glass just goes across the front.. it works great.. but I admit, it doesn't look the greatest...

Can you show photos?

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a tempered glass screen protector on my V30 and there is no halo or bubbles. Looks better than the one I had on V20, which had some tiny bubbles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois