So I just recently switched from the Samsung Note 8 to the v30. I have to say that I'm loving the v30, it's battery life, and it's gorgeous screen. Before I bought the phone I watched a few reviews. And one review the user opened up a settings toggle where they were able to change the WiFi and Bluetooth an it would turn it on and off based on when and where they were. I have the v30 on Verizon, it works well. But I can't find those smart settings! What am I missing? Is there a way that I can get to those? I would love to know, thanks.
    10-15-2017 02:22 AM
    I could be wrong but I think Verizon disables that feature.
    10-15-2017 02:40 AM
    Gah, how,unfortunate. Is there a way to flash a version of the right OS onto the phone so that I can use that feature at this point?
    10-15-2017 02:43 AM
    Figures verizon would do that. I'm so glad I left.
    10-15-2017 03:53 AM
    Why would they do that?
    Does it matter for them that people use that?
    Does it impact them in any negative way?
    10-15-2017 07:22 AM
    They did on the G4 also.
    Weird
    10-15-2017 07:38 AM
    They did on the G4 also.
    Weird
    10-15-2017 07:38 AM
    Usually Verizon well disable features in the OS when it is a feature they offer through a paid service. so like they use to charge for navigation on their phones till people flipped there stuff. Verizon is just a crappy company for taking key features away from customers because..well money and that they just can.. will never be a Verizon customer for this reason.
    bhatech likes this.
    10-15-2017 10:09 AM
    That's all good information to know, but I'm wondering if there's a way I can flash a different version of the v30 OS onto my phone
    10-15-2017 10:22 AM
    Why would they do that?
    Does it matter for them that people use that?
    Does it impact them in any negative way?
    Because they care less about customer and experience, want to disable features from phones if OEMs let them do that and try to have an app or some service with similar functionally they can sell to you for more money.
    10-15-2017 10:35 AM
    That's all good information to know, but I'm wondering if there's a way I can flash a different version of the v30 OS onto my phone
    Don't think you can do that without unlocking the bootloader. And as far as I know you can't unlock bootloader on carrier versions.

If you want the V30, your best bet is return this and wait for US unlocked version which I think will work on Verizon as well. But do note that LG US unlocked versions may not get frequent security updates like the carrier versions do (crazy I know).
    10-15-2017 10:39 AM
    Wouldn't an app like Tasker accomplish the same thing?
    10-15-2017 10:40 AM
    LG's smart settings is actually really terrible compared to what you can find in the Play Store. I've always disabled it on past LG phones and didn't miss it on the Verizon V20 I'm now using.

I recommend MacroDroid.
    10-15-2017 12:16 PM
    Wouldn't an app like Tasker accomplish the same thing?
    It would, but Tasker is too difficult for most people. I'm familiar with automation apps, but I won't touch Tasker. There are plenty of others, though.
    10-15-2017 12:16 PM
    Thank you all for all the help, I downloaded a ew task automation apps. Will see how it goes!
    10-15-2017 04:52 PM
    But oddly, I just tested Nextradio and it let me run it. The V10 an V20 both had their FM tuner disabled by Verizon.... but it appears to be active on the V30. Just tested with wired headphones! works!

so they either missed it or let up a little on the diabling features....
    10-16-2017 03:09 PM
    Because they care less about customer and experience, want to disable features from phones if OEMs let them do that and try to have an app or some service with similar functionally they can sell to you for more money.
    ^ Pretty much this. They remove any feature they can such as the Caller ID in Samsung phones since they offer spam protection for $2.99/month/line. The only ones they can't touch are things like Google Maps (even though Verizon offers "navigator") because Google has a say in which apps are installed on Android phones. Part of the Google suite you could say.
    10-17-2017 04:44 PM
    So what service does Evil Red sell that replaces this function that is disabled for no reason?
    10-18-2017 10:36 AM