NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Played around with this today, and it worked quite well.
You just need an app like NexRadio and a set of ear buds or headphones (to act like an antenna). You can listen out of your speaker if you would prefer to.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It's one of the main reasons why I am using my v20 instead of my HTC u-11. I'm glad to hear that they kept this with the v30.

Mac

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The AT&T version has the FM radio enabled, too.
Headphones are required as they are the antenna, but you can use the phone's speaker for output if you want.
Airplane mode disabled the FM radio.
The phone came with the app "FM Radio" but no indication as to the developers of the app.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Played around with this today, and it worked quite well.
You just need an app like NexRadio and a set of ear buds or headphones (to act like an antenna). You can listen out of your speaker if you would prefer to.

Are we sure that with Verizon the Next Radio is not just streaming?

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I know the v20 on Verizon with Next would just error and say that it wouldn't work, as the tuner was disabled. But I can test thi tonight when I get Home.

Last edited:

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Maybe it is streaming. When I first open the app it says "You are listening to live FM click here to stream. The sound was what you would expect with a weak signal, depending on the channel. When I turned off wireless it still worked, but when I went into airplane mode or turned off mobile data it stopped.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you go to Basic Tuner in the menu, it will require you to plug in headphones for the antenna as the Basic Tuner is not available through streaming. That should be an indication for if you are able to use the FM Tuner, no?

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope, just tested with wifi and mobile data off... and forcing next radio to only use the tuner. static and all. needs the headphones plugged in to get a station. not streaming!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12