How bad is the LG V30 display

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I saw the display.The OLED screen of the V30 is just bad. There’s no dodging this issue, and there’s no making excuses for it. This isn’t a good display, and if your phone doesn’t have a good display it might as well be a Nokia 5110

What are your thoughts about it?

Last edited:

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
My thought is you copied your line from a Verge article: " This isn’t a good display, and if your phone doesn’t have a good display it might as well be a Nokia 5110."

papachange05

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought my V30 last week, and took it back the next day for two reasons: There was a single dead pixel on the right-hand side, and the screen exhibited the same muddy artifacts that Vlad described in the Verge review. The replacement I received seems to have a much more consistent screen experience. However, I am giving it time before casting final judgement.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
mine is Galaxy note 8 competitive. Did they grey screen test and everything. Manufactured on 10/8. So maybe they are better on these new batches

al23

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I saw the display.The OLED screen of the V30 is just bad. There’s no dodging this issue, and there’s no making excuses for it. This isn’t a good display, and if your phone doesn’t have a good display it might as well be a Nokia 7610.

Well, most reviews have praised it. You can either go with the assessment from The Verge that you copied in the opening post, in which case you should not buy the phone. Alternatively, you can go with the positive reviews, get the phone and see for yourself. Personally, having played with the phone a few times I will say that, while it is not as good as Samsung, saying it is generations behind Samsung is a bit of a stretch. Furthermore, other reviews of final units have similarly concluded that it is an excellent screen, but not up to Samsung's. I even came across one that concluded that the V30's screen was better than the GS8.

I am not going to judge the review from The Verge. But I will also rely on other reviews before making a decision.

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I have to say that this phone has an amazing display. I have not come across any of the issues people have spoken of and I even got compliments on the screen from the guys at the T-Mobile store. its really a very beautiful screen and I haven't noticed any artifacts or dead pixels our light bleeding

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Well, most reviews have praised it. You can either go with the assessment from The Verge that you copied in the opening post, in which case you should not buy the phone. Alternatively, you can go with the positive reviews, get the phone and see for yourself. Personally, having played with the phone a few times I will say that, while it is not as good as Samsung, saying it is generations behind Samsung is a bit of a stretch. Furthermore, other reviews of final units have similarly concluded that it is an excellent screen, but not up to Samsung's. I even came across one that concluded that the V30's screen was better than the GS8.

I am not going to judge the review from The Verge. But I will also rely on other reviews before making a decision.
Yeah I have a V20 Nd I know LG displays issues.yes it was copied for verge,it's a famous article by now.I saw it in person and was really shocked to see this.i know this is a really major issue.
However I own G6 and V20.other than the displays I like the device.their cooling policy towards the phone is phenomenal.i like how it works .
I wish they had a good display.
Any questions regarding LG feel free to ask.just to let you know,this is a gingered G6!

Also would like to praise Verge for pointing out this in a very genuine way.i haven't seen many reviewers looking into this.This proves that now a days every Tom **** and Harry is tech reviewer,but only a few are there who are technically as sound as the verge

I also went ahead and read the V20 reviews and its pretty much the same experience how he described in the article .
So I don't think the verge can be wrong !kudos for his genuinity. Towards a review

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I have to say that this phone has an amazing display. I have not come across any of the issues people have spoken of and I even got compliments on the screen from the guys at the T-Mobile store. its really a very beautiful screen and I haven't noticed any artifacts or dead pixels our light bleeding
Thx a lot for the info.I guess it's a device specific issue.
I do remember that the pre production ones had it.is it that LG is providing customers with the pre ones!

zett40

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I like the screen and have had no issues that were stated in article, the one thing I will say compared to my Pixel XL it's not as bright at lower display settings.

al23

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have a V20 Nd I know LG displays issues.yes it was copied for verge,it's a famous article by now.I saw it in person and was really shocked to see this.i know this is a really major issue.
However I own G6 and V20.other than the displays I like the device.their cooling policy towards the phone is phenomenal.i like how it works .
I wish they had a good display.
Any questions regarding LG feel free to ask.just to let you know,this is a gingered G6!

Also would like to praise Verge for pointing out this in a very genuine way.i haven't seen many reviewers looking into this.This proves that now a days every Tom **** and Harry is tech reviewer,but only a few are there who are technically as sound as the verge

I also went ahead and read the V20 reviews and its pretty much the same experience how he described in the article .
So I don't think the verge can be wrong !kudos for his genuinity. Towards a review

I have a G6 too. No issues with the display at all. Again, it's not AMOLED, as you know. So, compared to the Samsungs I tried this year, the colors are not as punchy. (Let's face it: Samsung is second to none here). But I had no issues with the G6 display. I did not purchase the V20.

I am not criticizing The Verge. Their assessment along with the others to date tells me it is a device specific issue. I will just consider multiple reviews before deciding. If more reviewers note problems with retail units, then that is more informative.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I saw the display.The OLED screen of the V30 is just bad. There’s no dodging this issue, and there’s no making excuses for it. This isn’t a good display, and if your phone doesn’t have a good display it might as well be a Nokia 5110

Copled right out of an article. Fact is the display is excellent. Not samsung great but close. I own the v30 and a galaxy S7 edge. Sure the edge screen is better. But that's a side by side comparison. Real world applications, you can't tell the difference.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
mine is Galaxy note 8 competitive. Did they grey screen test and everything. Manufactured on 10/8. So maybe they are better on these new batches

My screen is awesome and again I tried all the dark room and look for dead pixel tests. New batches should be great as mine is

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Lolz.its so easy to **** people now a days.hehe.just kidding bro

On a serious note (not the note 8) what do u think about the display

As I've stated. I own an S7 edge and v30. The v30 screen is excellent both inside and out. Black blacks and vibrant colors.

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
As I've stated. I own an S7 edge and v30. The v30 screen is excellent both inside and out. Black blacks and vibrant colors.
Excellent.might be some procution issue with certain models...
I was tempted to by the s7edge ,but took the V20 for the quad DAC
S7e is a different phone altogether

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Excellent.might be some procution issue with certain models...
I was tempted to by the s7edge ,but took the V20 for the quad DAC
S7e is a different phone altogether

I have the edge, and I really am not a fan of the rounded edges. I can't wait to get a phone with a regular flat screen. I know the edge of the V30 is slightly rounded, but not nearly as extreme as the edge.

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Thx a lot for the info.I guess it's a device specific issue.
I do remember that the pre production ones had it.is it that LG is providing customers with the pre ones!

I also have read that some early release models from Verizon had it as well.. But I got mine through TMobile so maybe that's a factor too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463