Sept vs Oct Manufacture Date and Screen Issues

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I may keep my current handset. The color is relatively even, with one horizontal band just shy of halfway down the screen being the most glaring issue (appears as a slightly brighter line). But, can only see it below 40% and on white or gray backgrounds. There's a vertical band too on the right side, but I can ONLY see it on the gray test screen.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Worshipper

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Not true. Lg has already stated that any display issues related to banded are within normal tolerance of the display and thus it will not be a warrantable issue.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not true. Lg has already stated that any display issues related to banded are within normal tolerance of the display and thus it will not be a warrantable issue.
This. Attempting to cash in on that warranty for an issue LG said is "normal" would be an uphill battle that would probably lead to arbitration and lots of legal expenses.

MachineDreams

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been going back and forth between here and reddit because I noticed right away how crappy my AT&T V30 screen looked. It's flaws would really show if the brightness was below 50%. I finally received the replacement and my god does it look better. I have not noticed any imperfections so far. The first phone was manufactured in September and got it the first day it came out. The replacement was manufactured in October.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm headed back to Verizon today. Aside from the banding and blotches at low light, I just noticed another screen imperfection.

I was checking for micro scratches (which I sadly do have one in the top right, about an inch long, but those are expected), and I found a line on the screen...looks like a dotted line, that goes from the bottom right of the earpiece at a diagonal down to the left side of the display. It's not a scratch as it is too uniform, very straight and goes down the curved edge.

Now, I know there is a grid pattern on screen, and this could be that, but it is extremely noticeable in certain light, which concerns me that it could be a weak seam if I were to ever drop the phone. No where else on the phone has this.

So, a visit to VZW is on the docket today.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I think it's conjecture and or wishful thinking. Time will tell for sure.

I agree. Whether it is true or not, still a reason for me to keep tracking the issue and wait for a price drop. If true, I will have a better chance of getting a properly functioning screen.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
9/17 and I definitely have the issue. I may need to return it as it is bugging me when I use the phone in low light. I may need to go Pixel XL but I read it has similar issues.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So, it appears as though there's some conjecture on other forums that the V30s that have a manufacture date of October don't have the screen issues (or aren't nearly as bad, at least) as those handsets manufactured in September or earlier.

So, to test this, look at the sticker on your V30 box and see when the manufactured date was. Then, download the "Display Tester" to test your screen (go to the Defective Pixel Detection test, swipe up until you get the to gray screen, drag your finger right/left to adjust brightness to about 20%, and look at the screen in a dark room for most impact). After all that, post here with your results and manufactured date.

I want to see if this is really the case, as I may exchange my phone if it's shown that October handsets are in much better shape, screen wise.

September build here. No issues whatsoever.