For those of you shooting pics on your V30 using the Google Camera app, how do you like it as far as getting the best pics? Do you prefer the App or using the phone as is or maybe a little of both? Feel free to post pics.

This question isn't really related to the portrait effect.
    10-19-2017 09:51 AM
    I haven't seen an app properly take advantage of the dual cameras. I have even purchased Camera FV5 but I just use stock app.
    10-19-2017 10:01 AM
    Here's how I use them together:

I keep the LG app set to 16:9(12) because I like to use the pics as wallpaper on my widescreen monitors, plus use the wide-angle lens. I keep the Google camera set to 4:3(16) because I definitely think its HDR is superior in capturing the full resolution and details. I have shortcuts set for both and generally snap a pic with both (or all 3 inc. wide-angle) if I really like the shot.

Don't have any examples to show comparison yet, as if you check the pic thread, the only chance I have had to take some quality pics yet was after dark, and I can tell you the Google HDR, while giving more detail on lighted objects, created way too much noise in the dark sky for me, so its best reserved for day shots I think.
    10-19-2017 10:18 AM
    I used it and my photos came out like crap the stock app it's much better at manual and auto mode
    10-19-2017 10:50 AM
    I haven't seen an app properly take advantage of the dual cameras. I have even purchased Camera FV5 but I just use stock app.
    You can download the Google Pixel camera. It's called CameraNX1.apk. Flyingkytez gave me the tip to search for that app on Google.
    10-19-2017 02:16 PM
    Here's how I use them together:

I keep the LG app set to 16:9(12) because I like to use the pics as wallpaper on my widescreen monitors, plus use the wide-angle lens. I keep the Google camera set to 4:3(16) because I definitely think its HDR is superior in capturing the full resolution and details. I have shortcuts set for both and generally snap a pic with both (or all 3 inc. wide-angle) if I really like the shot.

Don't have any examples to show comparison yet, as if you check the pic thread, the only chance I have had to take some quality pics yet was after dark, and I can tell you the Google HDR, while giving more detail on lighted objects, created way too much noise in the dark sky for me, so its best reserved for day shots I think.
    I'll have to reference this once I get my V30. Sounds like you have a good game plan 👍

I've heard that also about the Google HDR being better
    10-19-2017 02:22 PM
    You can download the Google Pixel camera. It's called CameraNX1.apk. Flyingkytez gave me the tip to search for that app on Google.
    I've installed it but have only taken a short glance so far. Can it handle the dual camera? (both of them)
    10-19-2017 02:35 PM
    I've installed it but have only taken a short glance so far. Can it handle the dual camera? (both of them)
    That's a good question. Maybe one since there has only been program created for the single rear camera on all the Pixels? That would be my guess.
    10-19-2017 03:27 PM
    No it can't handle both but having the note 8 and having the v30 now from time I have used the the Google apk app takes better pics on both in my opinion but that's just me ... But only a certain version of the apk it seem like the newer versions for me don't do anything as far as hdr at all
    10-19-2017 04:00 PM
    I've actually liked professional HD camera, the interface. and resulting pics.
    10-20-2017 07:11 AM
    No it can't handle both but having the note 8 and having the v30 now from time I have used the the Google apk app takes better pics on both in my opinion but that's just me ... But only a certain version of the apk it seem like the newer versions for me don't do anything as far as hdr at all
    Interesting... do you know which version? I have the google pixel camera and it doesnt seem to have any HDR settings.. maybe its automated only.
    10-20-2017 10:16 AM
    Interesting... do you know which version? I have the google pixel camera and it doesnt seem to have any HDR settings.. maybe its automated only.
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/08...1-835-devices/
    10-20-2017 01:02 PM
    The link I just posted is the version I use when I take a picture with that version when u look at the picture it show you it's doing the hdr the newer version I found it was doing anything at all for me I should say
    minnemike likes this.
    10-20-2017 01:04 PM
    ://www.xda-developers.com/google-camera-hdr-ported/
    minnemike likes this.
    10-20-2017 01:05 PM