Pixel 2xl screen burn - any issues with V30?

rasputin01

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
From what i have read, the Pixel 2XL and the V30 share the same manufacturer (LG) and share similar specs and hardware.
I cant remember if i read they share the same screen.
I was curious / concerned that the V30 might have the same screen burn the Pixel 2xl is having issues with.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This has always been my concern moving from LCD to OLED.

I'm saying "to hell with it" I'm gonna try it and see for myself how the screen is.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I have not seen any evidence of screen burn in on the three V30 forums I am watching. There is a chance that Google did not implement any burn in prevention on their devices, but time will tell.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Would you mind sharing the other forums?

The V30 subreddit and the V30 XDA forums. Lots of reports of display banding on reddit, I'm currently in the middle of an internet argument (and apparently I'm a Samsung employee in disguise) on XDA concerning if display banding is normal and that all Samsung models have the issue too, etc.

But here, reddit and XDA. Been browsing all three daily watching the issues reported. No burn-in being reported that I have found.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I did notice some image retention from the home bar, but I just made it to disappear in certain apps. Since then, all has been good.

And I think image retention/ghosting needs to be clarified when discussing burn-in, a permanent problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech