Anyone else experiencing this

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had my V30 for about a month now. Last night was the second time I experienced this issue. After at least 5 to 7 days of uptime (no reset of any kind) data will just randomly stop working. Not the mobile data or even the wifi will work. The only solution to the problem is a soft reset which is only temporary as at least one week later the problem will resurface. It's not a major issue but it can be pretty annoying as the phone doesn't need a soft reset for any other reason. Anyone else experienced this? Hopefully LG can identify whatever is causing this and roll out a fix.

Steve Tyburski1

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Nope havent seen that issue. Had the phone 2+ weeks. Never reset my phone. I use smart cleaning a couple times a day,,,,that may make a difference.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
No issues with mine. But I did have that issue with my galaxy s7 edge when I first got it. Verizon had me try a new sim card plus every setting adjustment they could think of. They finally deemed it not fixable. They then tried to send me a rephurb after I just bought a NEW one for 700.00. I sold the edge and repurchased another. It has been perfect. That is just 1 of the reasons I left Verizon after 25 years. With T-mobile now 4 lines saving 1500.00 a year. Faster better service.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
No such problem for me. Have had mine since day 2.
I have shut it down a few times but just to turn it off.

Lateck,

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I haven't had that problem. I've haven't used smart cleaning yet, but I've routinely shut down and restart all (phones laptops, tablets) about once a week.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had that problem on this phone......but I have had it on other phones. I believe I determined the problem to be related to WiFi....like if it would grab a wifi signal, and if it wasn't working properly, the phone would kind of get stuck and not switch back to cellular data. You can probably fix it by going into airplane mode, instead of a reset....just basically turning data on and off. Also, start paying attention to what wifi signals you're attached to when this is happening. (you won't always know if it starts when the phone isn't in use.) If I remember correctly, it was happening to me a lot in Comcast hot-spots. It's been a while though....

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had my V30 for about a month now. Last night was the second time I experienced this issue. After at least 5 to 7 days of uptime (no reset of any kind) data will just randomly stop working. Not the mobile data or even the wifi will work. The only solution to the problem is a soft reset which is only temporary as at least one week later the problem will resurface. It's not a major issue but it can be pretty annoying as the phone doesn't need a soft reset for any other reason. Anyone else experienced this? Hopefully LG can identify whatever is causing this and roll out a fix.

Maybe I spoke to soon. I was just using my V30 and couldn't go onto the net. All my settings said I was connected, but nothing going on. So I wrnt into settings shut down my wifi, turned it back on, and I'm back to normal. Holy crap, I hope this doesn't start again on this device. Of course I'm on xfinity high speed underground utilities, they suck. Constantly goes out. Then on, then off, then on. A vicious cycle.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I spoke to soon. I was just using my V30 and couldn't go onto the net. All my settings said I was connected, but nothing going on. So I wrnt into settings shut down my wifi, turned it back on, and I'm back to normal. Holy crap, I hope this doesn't start again on this device. Of course I'm on xfinity high speed underground utilities, they suck. Constantly goes out. Then on, then off, then on. A vicious cycle.

My situation is no mobile data nor wifi works after at least a week of uptime. I've only had it a couple times so it's something I'm monitoring.

truly_nice

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I too am having this problem from time to time......I'm constantly in and out of service because I commute (live in the NYC area) using mta....so I constantly don't have service.....I wonder if there is a software issue involving the cellular/wifi radios.....like it's not switching between the 2, or not resetting properly.... hopefully it is software and LG catches it and addresses it cause it is annoying to have to constantly "airplane mode" my phone

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It could be a quick settings fix. When you're connected to a WiFi connection with no internet access (or even a weak connection) you typically get a warning notification on the screen prompting you for an option to either switch to cell data or to keep the current WiFi connection. The prompt comes with a check box to apply the same settings next time. If you ignore the warning or simply don't pick a choice; the default behavior is to keep & not switch to cell data.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm having issues where my LTE reception is not as good as any device I have had over the past number of years (not getting a strong signal where I should). LTE never drops back to HSPA either. If I switch to HSPA only I get great reception.

I'm trying out a new SIM card to make sure that is not the issue. I won't know until I get back to work if its really any better, but last night I was in an area where by friend's LG G4 was getting 5 bars LTE, and I was at 2-1 or no connection at all. I'm sitting here now in my house and I have 2-3 bars, and my wife's S7 is getting 5 bars. Her speedtest is pulling in about 30mbits speed, I'm hitting about 10mbits.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power