If you get a V30 with a bad display - exchange it! My replacement is flawless

Rev1010

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
Before buying the V30 I'd read the complaints of poor screen quality. The unit I received did have the uneven graininess at low light levels and even some lighter vertical stripes. But, being I don't really ever run my phone at low light and always set my phones to a constant (non-auto) brightness I figured it's a non-issue. Then a coworker spotted a tiny light blotch along the edge of the screen. It just made the blotch area slightly lighter in brightness from the rest of the screen but I decided to try an exchange. So I went to the AT&T store today and had it replaced. At the store the new display looked flawless. Been home with it now for some time and it's fully setup and I tested the display again at low light in darkness, from all angles, at varying brightness levels, etc and I can say the replacement unit is flawless. It doesn't exhibit any of the low brightness graininess of the first model and no light banding.

So, just wanted to sound off that if you receive a unit with a poor display get it replaced and test the replacement. The problems with the screen appear to be QC or manufacturing issues rather than inherently flawed tech. Keep in mind, this doesn't alleviate the slight blue tinting when viewing the screen at sharp angles, but that never bothered me anyway as I don't look at my phone from the edges.

Rev.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Before buying the V30 I'd read the complaints of poor screen quality. The unit I received did have the uneven graininess at low light levels and even some lighter vertical stripes. But, being I don't really ever run my phone at low light and always set my phones to a constant (non-auto) brightness I figured it's a non-issue. Then a coworker spotted a tiny light blotch along the edge of the screen. It just made the blotch area slightly lighter in brightness from the rest of the screen but I decided to try an exchange. So I went to the AT&T store today and had it replaced. At the store the new display looked flawless. Been home with it now for some time and it's fully setup and I tested the display again at low light in darkness, from all angles, at varying brightness levels, etc and I can say the replacement unit is flawless. It doesn't exhibit any of the low brightness graininess of the first model and no light banding.

So, just wanted to sound off that if you receive a unit with a poor display get it replaced and test the replacement. The problems with the screen appear to be QC or manufacturing issues rather than inherently flawed tech. Keep in mind, this doesn't alleviate the slight blue tinting when viewing the screen at sharp angles, but that never bothered me anyway as I don't look at my phone from the edges.

Rev.

Great news that you're happy with the new one. I've had mine since launch and have had zero screen issues. Best phone I've ever owned.

Rev1010

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
Just a heads up, both my units had an October manufacture date, so not sure if the manufacture date has any affect on getting a good or bad screen.

Rev.

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a September 23rd manufactured device and there isn't an issue. So I agree with Rev, it's probably not the display itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar