Recommended apps to get the most out of the V30

rasputin01

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I am coming from a windows 10 phone on Verizon, still planning my defection lol
What apps do you use and wodcld onsider needed to get the most use out of this phone?

For example, I currently have (that I can use) calculator, Facebook, internet explorer, I know live tiles is no more - shame, people hub (love this), Pandora, One drive, one Note, Excel, Word, Publisher, outlook mail, outlook calendar, messaging app, Cortana (not as good on Android from what I hear), Windows Central, battery app, LinkedIn (gone).

That's a pretty good chunk of what I have left now thgt still work.
TIA
Paul

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That would depend almost entirely on you. A few apps are pretty universal - Foxit MobilePDF for pdf files. I use Ampere to check my charging current if I ever have a problem, you may want to look at Tasker to automate you phone (mine locks the screen when I leave home and unlocks it when I return, among other things), and you can always change the launcher (the thing you're looking at when you turn the phone on, like tiles in a Windows phone). GSam Battery Monitor is also useful if you think you have an app using too much battery (although the battery page in Settings is also pretty good).

But you probably don't want any of the ham radio, astronomy or programming apps I have on my phone.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
@Tasker: I used PhoneScheduler to wake me up with Tunein-Radio in the morning.
I use the "Smart Lock" functionality of Android to define "safe places" to keep my phone ulocked i.e. at home. No need for an app here.

Cortana: well everyone has his/her prefs. But Google Assistant is one of the best KI Assistants you can get. Check a few of the comparisons on YouTube. You might like it.

My thoughts so far.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I prefer Xodo or ezPDF over Foxit.

Tasker can do so much more than what is adviced. Lik3 automatically turn off auto brightness and set a brightness level when opening an app (I used to use this for games before I got a Samsung with the built in Game Tuner), automatically change media volume depending on a running app, automatically turn on/off wifi scanning when leaving/arriving home, among a lot of things.