So I was using my LG v30 yesterday
    no issues
    no drops
    lived entire life in a case
    then I suddenly lost my 4g lte connection--and all ceullar connection--just a big old X there
    wifi fine
    tried going to airplane mode and off
    power cycled phone
    took sim card out and back in
    nothing
    took to t mobile and got a new sim card
    still nothing
    about ready to do a warranty replacement when I tried to do a network reset and that has fixed it

I hope its a momentary hickup and not a sign there are issues with the sim reader inside the phone.

Anyone else have this? first time this has happened to me that required a full network reset.
    12-16-2017 10:35 AM
    well upon network reset I've lost access to tmobile digits. This phone supports it natively in dialer and messages app with built in multi-line support--which is now missing--I guess its a return.
    12-16-2017 12:57 PM
    It sure sounds like it. Something is slowly going wrong. (If the phone has ever gotten wet, of you moved a warm phone with humid air in it into a cold environment, that could be a cause.)
    12-16-2017 04:40 PM
    hmm, not that cold/warm in seattle...but acting weird for sure. And 3 hours later after talking to tmobile support, reset, backup, restore, retry, test this, they finally will send out a replacement, which won't ship until monday, which means maybe tuesday...but at least I have a backup phone.

My Lg V30 was working fine and was purchased oct 5th--its only a few months old, always in a case, no major drops. I hope Lg V30s are going to have the same bootloop/motherboard issues of prior lg phones.
    12-16-2017 05:20 PM
    well, spent hours on chat with tmobile to convince them the phone had a hardware issue, they eventually agreed to send me a warranty replacement (bought from them direct at full price)
    went to gym today and then noticed no signal again. Another network reset brought it back, but it is not a long term solution. and this is AFTER I had to do a factory reset to convince tmobile to get me a replacement. So I am glad I am getting a replacement. This was a bought right when they first came out with manufracture date of 9/2017. Screen, everything was perfect before this, so I hope we don't see a bunch of failing LG v30s
    12-18-2017 11:28 AM
    well, spent hours on chat with tmobile to convince them the phone had a hardware issue, they eventually agreed to send me a warranty replacement (bought from them direct at full price)
    went to gym today and then noticed no signal again. Another network reset brought it back, but it is not a long term solution. and this is AFTER I had to do a factory reset to convince tmobile to get me a replacement. So I am glad I am getting a replacement. This was a bought right when they first came out with manufracture date of 9/2017. Screen, everything was perfect before this, so I hope we don't see a bunch of failing LG v30s
    You're the first I've heard with this issue, so probably an isolated incident of a bad handset. It happens to all manufacturers.
    12-18-2017 03:06 PM
    You're the first I've heard with this issue, so probably an isolated incident of a bad handset. It happens to all manufacturers.
    I'm tempted to agree as I bought mine at T-Mobile too with little issue.

@davidb423, Did you buy yours in-store or was it shipped?

If it was shipped, it's entirely possible the box got banged around during shipment.
    12-18-2017 04:09 PM
    So glad they are sending you a replacement! Let us know how that one works!
    12-20-2017 10:54 AM