Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
    I have suddenly started seeing a strange problem only when using OneNote.

When I type, it will automatically insert text I had just previously entered.

For example, if I type:

apple (and hit enter)

The next letter I type on the line is followed by the word or letters I just typed:
    aapplea

If I continue, every time I hit enter, it adds more and more:
    aaaapleappleaa

It seems to be related to the keyboard I choose. If I choose swift or google, it doesn't do this. When I switch back to LG keyboard, it does it. And it's only within OneNote.

Anyone else experiencing this? Driving me crazy because I actually like the LG keyboard.
    12-21-2017 05:22 PM
    I have suddenly started seeing a strange problem only when using OneNote.

When I type, it will automatically insert text I had just previously entered.

For example, if I type:

apple (and hit enter)

The next letter I type on the line is followed by the word or letters I just typed:
    aapplea

If I continue, every time I hit enter, it adds more and more:
    aaaapleappleaa

It seems to be related to the keyboard I choose. If I choose swift or google, it doesn't do this. When I switch back to LG keyboard, it does it. And it's only within OneNote.

Anyone else experiencing this? Driving me crazy because I actually like the LG keyboard.
    Actually, I use an app called Quip and the same thing happens there as well.

Funny thing is, One Note doesn't seem to do it for me.

I thought that I was seeing things when I saw the same on Quip, but I guess not! Time for more troubleshooting!
    12-21-2017 06:21 PM
    Try changing keyboards and see if that makes a diff. I might download Quip myself.
    12-22-2017 10:56 PM
    Ok so I tried it in Quip and I got it do it while typing the first couple words. What's weird is that it stopped. I can't get it to do it again.

I went back into OneNote and it's still giving me extra characters.
    12-22-2017 11:14 PM
    This is another example. Weird and highly annoying.
    Attached Thumbnails Strange OneNote typing issue-capture-_2017-12-23-00-21-19.jpg  
    12-22-2017 11:23 PM
    Ok so I tried it in Quip and I got it do it while typing the first couple words. What's weird is that it stopped. I can't get it to do it again.

I went back into OneNote and it's still giving me extra characters.
    OneNote is doing the same as well, but not as frequently it seems.

I've discovered that the issue seems to be directly related to autocorrect somehow.

If I have to go back in the document to redact something I've written, there's a good chance I'll trigger that bug that you just demonstrated. Also, I'll sometimes trigger a bug where, if I accidentally don't finish a word and prematurely hit the return or sometimes space key, returning to the unfinished word will auto-capitalize the first letter.

Example: The word "This". Accidentally type "Th" and prematurely end word. Go back to add in the "is" and the keyboard wants to format like "Is" with capital I

That said, I turned off autocorrect and that seems to have fixed the problem on all accounts.

You mentioned that it doesn't do it for you anymore on Swift, but it does for me, still.

I'm including a screenshot and yes, feel free to laugh.
    Attached Thumbnails Strange OneNote typing issue-screenshot_2017-12-23-00-34-35.jpg  
    dakini03 likes this.
    12-23-2017 02:39 AM
    Ok so I followed your discovery and turned off "Word suggestions".

Autocorrect doesn't seem to affect mine one way or another.

Again, the weird thing is that it's only with the LG keyboard. The Google Gboard doesn't have this problem.

I'm kind of surprised no one else is experiencing this.
    12-23-2017 11:19 PM
    Quite frankly, I'm surprised too.

Does this happen in any other app?

It occurred to me that OneNote and Quip are both save-to-cloud apps and so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

I use QuickNotes+ on a daily basis and never have this happen.
    12-24-2017 01:37 AM