Do you like the curved screen on the V30?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just curious how much actually like and or oppose the curved screen of the V30. It's a fact that everyone is frustrated they can't install a proper tempered glass screen protector, some manufacturers know that people like installing screen protectors so they made their phones more flat. For future reference, should LG continue the curved trend or go back to a flat screen? The G6 flat screen was great, though the specs were lacking.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I like it for using (fitting it into the curve) Sesame. Otherwise, I don't think I would notice anything. It does feel nice. Rub it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I prefer a flat display; however, if I like the phone enough, I will buy it with a curved display and just attempt to find a screen protector to try and compensate for that.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
My screen is curved??????

Yes, I know it is. But it has not mad a big difference to me. I have a good curved screen protector so I'm not to worried.

No issues.

Lateck,

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i have to use screen protectors, so a curved screen sucks. curved just looks pretty, but in real life i think many have their phones in cases, so whats the point...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't even think the curves look pretty. Biggest mistake LG could have made IMO is following the glass back trend and now adopting the pointless curves. That's Samsung's world, the rest of the market was already doing it better.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My screen is curved??????

Yes, I know it is. But it has not mad a big difference to me. I have a good curved screen protector so I'm not to worried.

No issues.

Lateck,

Which brand are you using and how's the touch sensitivity? Is it full adhesive or just glued edges?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i have to use screen protectors, so a curved screen sucks. curved just looks pretty, but in real life i think many have their phones in cases, so whats the point...

It's shiney and curved! Gotta show it off! I don't understand curved TVs and monitors, there's an annoying glare to it. The LG G Flex was a strange phone really, I kinda laughed at it.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't even think the curves look pretty. Biggest mistake LG could have made IMO is following the glass back trend and now adopting the pointless curves. That's Samsung's world, the rest of the market was already doing it better.

Did you think it helped LG become more mainstream and attracted non traditional LG users? AKA Samsung/Pixel/Apple users? I wonder if it helped boost sales. They should have just made the G series glass/curved and the V series rugged/metal. To think of it, LG had gotten a lot of **** for making "ugly" phones so that may be why.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you think it helped LG become more mainstream and attracted non traditional LG users? AKA Samsung/Pixel/Apple users? I wonder if it helped boost sales. They should have just made the G series glass/curved and the V series rugged/metal.
I believe that's why they did it, but it may be too soon to tell how well it worked.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Exactly, 3 in 4 people (maybe more) will slap a case on the phone. Once you have a case on it, you can't really tell what phone it is. And the majority of people always want screen protectors, LG needs to see that. Apple is smart and they know, their phones have a slight 2.5d curve but still allows for easy installation of glass screen protectors. Samsung curved their phones to make them "different".

guede-91

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I think it is quite cool :) but it will be the thing that in the beginning it's great and in the end everybody forgets about it :S It allways happens

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
To answer @flyingkytez's question. I use a Wimaha 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen protector.
It works very well and I believe it is full adhesive.
I have replaced it once when I dropped my phone and I chipped the edge of the protector.
Better it then the screen.

Lateck,

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't care either way. If I had to choose...flat. I think LG felt the need to compete with Samsung. The slight curve isn't causing a problem with my screen protector, so no issue there.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
To answer @flyingkytez's question. I use a Wimaha 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen protector.
It works very well and I believe it is full adhesive.
I have replaced it once when I dropped my phone and I chipped the edge of the protector.
Better it then the screen.

Lateck,

Are you 100% positive that screen sensitivity isn't affected? I'm reading all over Reddit and people say it's hopeless.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Are you 100% positive that screen sensitivity isn't affected? I'm reading all over Reddit and people say it's hopeless.

I am not 100% sure as I have only used my V30 a day or two (maybe less) without the screen protector.
So, I will not swear under oath it isn't affected....... I don't really know. But to me, I have no problems!

I'm happy and to me, that's all that matters :)

Lateck,

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
honestly. I didn't know the screen,as in the part you interact with was curved. i thought it was just the front glass panel. if that tells you anything. I've been using it for about two months now and it hasn't bothered me. it's no where near as curved as say a Samsung phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy