anyone have this issue, the screen is off and you double tap on the screen and nothing, i put my finger on the power button to unlock and nothing, hold the power button down for 10-13 seconds and nothing, eventually within 1-5 minutes the phone awakes.
    12-29-2017 04:39 PM
    When the screen is off, does the phone still give you notification tones, or ring if someone calls you?

Does this persist in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36664
    12-29-2017 05:46 PM
    anyone have this issue, the screen is off and you double tap on the screen and nothing, i put my finger on the power button to unlock and nothing, hold the power button down for 10-13 seconds and nothing, eventually within 1-5 minutes the phone awakes.
    I've had my v30 since launch. Zero issues. I suggest that you get a replacement. There's a sour pickle in everything.
    12-31-2017 09:22 AM
    When the screen is off, the phone will not respond to anything, it is truly locked up for a while, if i try and wake it up using my watch it does not respond, a few things i noticed is twice now when the phone finally comes alive, it said my azfcu bank app was not responding, and a few times it came back on in the battery saver screen. Btw I have the phone always in battery saver mode so this also might be part of the problem because of some bug.
    01-04-2018 09:30 AM
    When the screen is off, the phone will not respond to anything, it is truly locked up for a while, if i try and wake it up using my watch it does not respond, a few things i noticed is twice now when the phone finally comes alive, it said my azfcu bank app was not responding, and a few times it came back on in the battery saver screen. Btw I have the phone always in battery saver mode so this also might be part of the problem because of some bug.
    How long have you had your phone? I would recommend returning it and going for a replacement.
    01-05-2018 09:52 AM
    If you haven't already, delete possibly suspect apps and give your phone a clean using Smart Cleaning and if you're using a microSD card, consider checking that for errors, too.

I recently had an issue with lock screen lag and then shortly after, I also had a microSD corruption issue.

I did a chkdsk on my microSD card and found out that an app / function had gone crazy which had caused all my problems and the culprit was an app I didn't even use.

I repaired using the chkdsk and found 4000+ cache-related corruption issues.
    01-06-2018 12:20 PM
    Yep, I've had this a few times. I have AOD turned on, but when this happens the screen is just black.
    01-18-2018 05:05 PM
    I have the same problem.When the phone has light it works good , but in the middle of the night or in a room without lights the screen is completly off and i need to press 3 4 5 times button to turn on.When I recive calls and I don t have light from the sun or anything again i need to press 3 4 times.Sensor problem or software ?Sorry for my english
    01-31-2018 09:52 AM
    I have a "similar" issue, but it's much shorter, probably 15-30 seconds before I can get the screen to respond. Similar circumstances, double tap, fingerprint, it doen't come back on, just black. 15-30 seconds feels long when you are trying to do something. It typically happens after I was just using it and the screen shut off due to inactivity.
    02-03-2018 05:26 PM
    I had this issue on galaxy s6 edge, only when google maps was on, for some reason. I've recently updated to v30+ and now it doesn't happen.
    02-03-2018 08:08 PM