Blurry shots when indoors in low light?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to take pictures of kids or pets indoors during the evening without the pictures getting blurry? This was a problem with past LG phones.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Pictures of kids/pets usually means moving subjects.
That requires a shutter speed fast enough to freeze the subject, usually 1/200 or higher.
Indoors = low light, thus you will need to greatly increase the ISO.
You will need to put the camera into manual mode to get the needed settings because the auto system is not setup for moving subjects.

In my living room, a shutter speed of 1/200 maxes out the ISO at 3200, and that is still a little underexposed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And increasing the ISO increases the noise in the picture. Even with HDR, phones aren't low-light cameras.

Aithan

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
If you're using auto mode, you can tap on various spots to change point of focus and in the process, change the lighting appearance.

I recently attended a concert in an otherwise totally dark venue and where the pictures weren't perfect, I still got some great shots just using auto mode and I was in the upper balcony, too.

xxaarraa1983

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, as manic joe said, turn down the shutter speed, and turn up the ISO to compensate. Try and shoot for an EV of as close to zero as possible while balancing noise and detail. LG cameras suck in auto for moving subjects. You gotta go manual.