Anyone else get random full volume screeches/static pops when using the phone? It only seems to happen if I am or recently was using a video or audio app like YouTube or a news stream. It's just a sudden extremely loud, but short burst that scares the crap out of you. It happens through the phone's speaker if not connected to Bluetooth and also on the Bluetooth's speakers if connected. It never does it if I'm not doing anything else with the phone, only if I'm interacting with the screen. Doesn't matter what volume anything is set to on the phone either, the screech is always at max levels. It's the only problem with the phone so far. Happens once or twice a day maybe.
    hannarom likes this.
    12-31-2017 04:34 PM
    Anyone else get random full volume screeches/static pops when using the phone? It only seems to happen if I am or recently was using a video or audio app like YouTube or a news stream. It's just a sudden extremely loud, but short burst that scares the crap out of you. It happens through the phone's speaker if not connected to Bluetooth and also on the Bluetooth's speakers if connected. It never does it if I'm not doing anything else with the phone, only if I'm interacting with the screen. Doesn't matter what volume anything is set to on the phone either, the screech is always at max levels. It's the only problem with the phone so far. Happens once or twice a day maybe.
    Yes, I have had this happen as well, however not only limited to the V30 I currently have. I have experienced it on my previous S7 Edge also. One thing which seems to limit it from happening (regularly or altogether) is by disabling Chrome. Someone had mentioned it in another forum and since trying it, it seems to have done the trick. I think this is something inherent with Android rather than LG. I hope Oreo fixes it because it has borderline damaged my hearing as well as a lot of my very pricey headphones. Surprised no one has responded to you prior as I would have thought this was a very widespread issue.
    01-11-2018 06:31 AM
    Yeah it really scares the crap out of you it's so random and loud. It's like the phone thinks I'm living in a bad horror movie and takes it upon itself to give me a cheap jump scare. If others have experienced it, they'd know it, as it's not subtle.

I'll try disabling Chrome to see if it works. Can't see that as a long term solution though since that's my main browser, but it would be nice to narrow it down.
    01-11-2018 07:07 AM
    My goodness! How freaky! And it also happens when you have speakers on? That could really hurt your hearing! How long have you had the V30 - I feel like this is grounds for getting a replacement. That shouldn't be happening to you.
    01-11-2018 11:04 AM
    My goodness! How freaky! And it also happens when you have speakers on? That could really hurt your hearing! How long have you had the V30 - I feel like this is grounds for getting a replacement. That shouldn't be happening to you.
    I've had my V30 since the first week they were released. It's a software issue, not a hardware issue since it also does it over Bluetooth connected speakers, so a replacement wouldn't fix anything. I'm not sure it's even specific to V30's. I can easily see it blowing out the phone's speakers or other speakers though. Love the phone though aside from this issue. Wish LG was better with updates.
    01-11-2018 11:17 AM