Hey all,

This is my first post so please be nice!

On many occasions I've searched through this forum to try and find answers to my problems and I thank you all for your contribution to those threads! This time however, I have a problem and I can't seem to find any information on the internet about it.

As of January 1st, 2018 I have began to experience this issue with my V30's display. The only way I can describe it is as an artifact issue. Whenever there is movement within the display, these band-like artifacts appear. The artifacts arise when I am either scrolling, playing back video, or have Spotify open while music is playing (I find that the artifacts appear while the scrub for the timeline is moving).

For what it's worth, I took ownership of the device as soon as they became available in the U.S. and have taken great care of it since.

I plan on stopping by my local T-Mobile store this coming weekend to see if I can obtain a replacement phone under LG's warranty, but I'd like to hear your guys' opinion on this matter. Have you experienced this issue with your V30? Have you experienced this issue with any other device?

I took the time to document this issue in the form of a video and it can be viewed here on YouTube:

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post.
    - Goat
    01-03-2018 08:51 PM
    that almost looks like the side bar apps but always there. I have not had this issue before with this phone. I would defiantly get a replacement or try factory resetting it first and leaving it off for 10 min that could fox the issues.
    01-04-2018 02:13 AM
    Yeah that is definitely not normal and I've had my V30 since October as well. I would definitely try a hard reset first and do a clean restore (no backup) and see if that fixes the issue. If not then you should definitely get that replaced.
    01-04-2018 01:14 PM
    That's a hardware fault. Possibly a bad graphics memory section. It's not a display connection issue as it only happens in the raster graphics zones. Get it replaced.
    LuvMusic likes this.
    01-04-2018 07:17 PM
    I definitely don't have this issue as far as I know.

I watch HD videos and my Home screen setup is the one with the wallpaper scrolling a bit from side to side.

If you're on Maximum Battery Saver, your FPS will automatically decrease so if your videos seem like they're stuttering (maybe that might look like artifacting?), that might be something to look into if you haven't already.

Also, if you're using non-stock launchers, you could try going back to default and see if it's still persisting if you haven't done that already, too.
    01-06-2018 12:09 PM
    Not positive, but looks like it is time for a warrantee replacement. Please remember, that you've got 2 years on this phone. Don't let tmobile try to swap it out with a used one. Get in touch with LG.
    01-07-2018 08:09 AM
    I am seeing my display change shades on the display. meaning when I am looking at something with a white background, you can see the color in the white change. strange
    01-07-2018 01:20 PM
    Hey All,

Just a quick update: The guy at the T-Mobile store believed there may have been some kind of glitch or bug in the way the phone was operating due to the chance of a faulty app (one potentially being in a beta/test stage). He also suggested that I attempt to factory reset the phone before I went through with getting a V30 replacement.

I proceeded to do a factory reset without any backup files and it has appeared to resolve the issue thus far. Whether or not it had to do with a faulty app I do not know.

Not positive, but looks like it is time for a warrantee replacement. Please remember, that you've got 2 years on this phone. Don't let tmobile try to swap it out with a used one. Get in touch with LG.
    @Rumblee1 That is a great point worth noting. The T-Mobile employee did state that the replacement device would more than likely be refurbished. It would definitely be worth contacting LG in the case of needing a replacement.
    01-11-2018 08:54 PM