Lg v30 Do most users change the launchers and Text Applications from the Stock applications.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I do not own a V30, but I almost always change up my texting application. I dabble with launchers but I normally just switch up the theme on my phone from time to time.

I am a heavy and passionate Textra user - I have the Pro version (inexpensive and worth every penny) and love the customization options and the look. You can change everything from the text bubble shape and colour to assigning specific notifications per contact when they message you.

As far as themes go, I am currently using the Pixel theme that I found from my Huawei/Honor theme store app.

I agree with you, though: the stock messaging apps on phones don't often impress me. I'll keep 'em for a while but I always know I'll come back to Textra.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Texting application, yes, since I'm on Verizon and they typically default to VZW messaging apps.

Launcher, no. Just never something I've felt the need to do.

Aithan

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and generally speaking, aside from adding Wi-Fi calling and related features, there is little carrier-related changes (though they can be slower on updates).

That said, I like the default LG launcher just fine (I use the Home option without the App Drawer) and I also use the default apps if at all possible (if they don't work as they should, that's another story entirely) to avoid potential complications.

I own a Windows Phone and I own a Surface Pro 3 and I love the live tiles / Metro look and so I like to 'design' my Home screens using a combination of wallpapers, important apps, and pinned / widgetized images and the like.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I do not own a V30, but I almost always change up my texting application. I dabble with launchers but I normally just switch up the theme on my phone from time to time.

I am a heavy and passionate Textra user - I have the Pro version (inexpensive and worth every penny) and love the customization options and the look. You can change everything from the text bubble shape and colour to assigning specific notifications per contact when they message you.

As far as themes go, I am currently using the Pixel theme that I found from my Huawei/Honor theme store app.

I agree with you, though: the stock messaging apps on phones don't often impress me. I'll keep 'em for a while but I always know I'll come back to Textra.

1st thing I do on a new phone is install textra. My favorite thing is it can be set to only show mobile numbers. since I can't text a landline, why would I want to send a text to it. most default apps don't seem to do that.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
1st thing I do on a new phone is install textra. My favorite thing is it can be set to only show mobile numbers. since I can't text a landline, why would I want to send a text to it. most default apps don't seem to do that.

Textra is a great app, for sure!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the V20 (close enough, eh?), and I'm always the odd man out here. I use Handcent for texting because of all the customizing options, and Next 3D for the launcher because of the cool 3D effects (expensive though! ).

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Coming from Nexus devices, I am prone to the stock experience. The LG Laucher is ok and after dabbling around with others, which are as far away from stock as the LG Launcher, I sticked with it. I thought about going back to the Google Now launcher, but don't see the need for the hussle atm.

I always use the texting app that is stock on the respective device (i.e. Hangouts on Nexus 5, Messages on Nexus 6P and now the LG Textmessenger). Seeing that old school texting becomes less and less, while FB Messenger, WhatsApp and others become more and more, I don't see the benefit in changing an App that I don't open that much...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the V20 (close enough, eh?), and I'm always the odd man out here. I use Handcent for texting because of all the customizing options, and Next 3D for the launcher because of the cool 3D effects (expensive though! ).

I've heard that Handcent is good! How customizable is it?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that Handcent is good! How customizable is it?

It's almost infinitely customizable. You said earlier that you can customize the text bubbles on Textra. On Handcent, you can remove the bubbles all together. :p

This is a screen shot of the settings preview where you can change it up.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-01-10-09-08-53.jpg
    Capture+_2018-01-10-09-08-53.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 59

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's almost infinitely customizable. You said earlier that you can customize the text bubbles on Textra. On Handcent, you can remove the bubbles all together. :p

This is a screen shot of the settings preview where you can change it up.

Oh wow! So cool! Maybe I'll test this out too! Thank you!!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I slapped on Nova Launcher after a couple of days. In fact Nova Launcher on the V30 to make it look like the Pixel 2 that I have convinced me to buy a Pixel 2XL and sell the V30.

I did use the stock texting app. For some reason whatever text message app is on the phone by default is what I use. I don't care about changing the texting app. The launcher on the other hand is a different story.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463