show typing status

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Just noticing that in the default LG messaging app, under advanced messaging, there is an option to show typing status. It appears to do absolutely nothing... anyone know anything about this feature? will it work under certain conditions?

I also noticed that the 'delivery reports' option seems to do nothing too. On my old device, that option would result in a small check-mark after delivery (no read indication).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My suspicion is that the other user must have a compatible messaging app. Also, who is your carrier? Your "LG Messaging app" may actually be your "carrier's messaging app."

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
What it does is if the other person has a compatible app is show you're typing. Samsungs also have this built into their default message app.

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
What it does is if the other person has a compatible app is show you're typing. Samsungs also have this built into their default message app.

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? It was 'off' by default, but since turning it on I've seen no sign of that feature on any text.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone actually gotten this to work? It was 'off' by default, but since turning it on I've seen no sign of that feature on any text.

Do you have any friends also on T-Mobile? Preferably with a new'ish device?

Maybe you can do a few tests with him/her.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1