Verizon Push Update

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone get a pushed update today? Not sure what it is, but seems to just be an updated security patch and some small enhancements.

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I got it just a little while ago. Whats odd is that I checked for an update myself and it said it was up to date. Then I check my phone and I see an update downloading. I hope it gets the Oreo update soon but I wont hold my breath. I think this is the first update since the end of November.

wdblevin

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just checked mine and it failed earlier today (mid-afternoon)... It is downloading now that I am home.

Thanks to OP'r for the heads-up.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon V20 got an update about a week ago, and it included a new bloat app called "App Flash." Not sure if your guys' V30 update got that, but you'll want to check the system apps in the application manager to make sure. You can disable it if it's there.

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
The Verizon V20 got an update about a week ago, and it included a new bloat app called "App Flash." Not sure if your guys' V30 update got that, but you'll want to check the system apps in the application manager to make sure. You can disable it if it's there.

The app was there from the beginning with V30. Definitely disable.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed one change with this update. My AOD display now has a penchant to drift all the way down to the bottom of the screen. It used to stay in the top 3/4 of said screen, but now it moves to the bottom on the regular.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed one change with this update. My AOD display now has a penchant to drift all the way down to the bottom of the screen. It used to stay in the top 3/4 of said screen, but now it moves to the bottom on the regular.

I'm on a Note 8 so I might not be offering anything helpful, but there was an AOD update yesterday or the day before (stand alone) for my unlocked Note 8 and it listed the ability to shift the display around on more of the screen as a change. So maybe this AOD update I got as a stand alone update was incorporated in with the V30's larger security update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith