02-10-2018 02:07 PM
30 12
tools
    I agree that the quality of the phone (battery life, etc) will also affect my upgrading decisions. But I find that if I do enjoy the battery life, camera, and overall experience, I am less likely to upgrade within a year. I've had my current phone for about 14 months and really love it. I'm gonna upgrade soon but if the Pixel 2's battery life is great (which I've heard it is), I really don't see myself upgrading for a while. If I encounter battery issues, then I absolutely consider upgrading. That's really my only "exception" when it comes to upgrading after the year mark.
    Ask any Nexus 6P owner. Battery will die, happened sooner than expected. Was an OS update the blame? We'll never know.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-08-2018 02:29 AM
    I have no problem with losing the jack
    You're only saying that because you already have a phone without a jack. Everyone will be devastated and will drop LG like a hot cake. I won't be returning to LG if they did that.
    02-08-2018 02:31 AM
    You're only saying that because you already have a phone without a jack. Everyone will be devastated and will drop LG like a hot cake. I won't be returning to LG if they did that.
    I'm only saying it because it's the truth.
    02-08-2018 10:09 AM
    I agree that the quality of the phone (battery life, etc) will also affect my upgrading decisions. But I find that if I do enjoy the battery life, camera, and overall experience, I am less likely to upgrade within a year. I've had my current phone for about 14 months and really love it. I'm gonna upgrade soon but if the Pixel 2's battery life is great (which I've heard it is), I really don't see myself upgrading for a while. If I encounter battery issues, then I absolutely consider upgrading. That's really my only "exception" when it comes to upgrading after the year mark.
    They are running out of ideas. They either push planned obsolescence or add little tiny features here and there. The Snapdragon 820 vs 835 was an improvement in battery and efficiency.. unless they can make a phone with a battery that can last 1 week, there's nothing really ground breaking anymore.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-10-2018 01:46 PM
    They are running out of ideas. They either push planned obsolescence or add little tiny features here and there. The Snapdragon 820 vs 835 was an improvement in battery and efficiency.. unless they can make a phone with a battery that can last 1 week, there's nothing really ground breaking anymore.
    Yeah, it will prove to be difficult to consistently put out phones that "stand out" against last year's iteration.
    02-10-2018 02:07 PM
30 12