line Down the Misdle of Screen

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Man been waiting for an upgrade for a while to get this phone. Just got home with it and there is a fine line going down the middle of the screen from top to bottom. Haven't figured out how to take screenshots yet or id post one. Is this common or can it be fixed by replacing the device, update etc.? Thanks guys

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Man been waiting for an upgrade for a while to get this phone. Just got home with it and there is a fine line going down the middle of the screen from top to bottom. Haven't figured out how to take screenshots yet or id post one. Is this common or can it be fixed by replacing the device, update etc.? Thanks guys
Same exact thing happened to me but only after a few months of already owning the phone. It's a defect some kind of connector with the display. Where did you purchase the phone? If it is through a carrier they should be able to replace it no questions asked. LG has a two year warranty on these phones. T-Mobile replaced mine with no problem. If your carrier won't help contact LG directly. Still the best phone I've owned despite the hassle. Good luck!

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I bought it at Best Buy through AT&T. Surely they’ll take care of me as well. Glad to hear you still enjoy the phone.

christobal

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Went out in the snow last night to get my V30 as I saw VZ had a $200 off deal. Closest VZ store was out. Next store had only one left. Picked it up and went home to discover the vertical line. Went to a third store this morning to get it replaced. This one seems fine. Both manufatured 11/2017. I'm in Northern Virginia..

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I was disappointed for sure. Love the way the phone feels. Shame I had to box it right back up and now wait till after work tomorrow...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Screenshots don't capture screen defects... I'm sure you'll get an exchange

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah that's a hardware issue. You won't get a screenshot of it unless you use another camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca