LG Theming Engine

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,

Just for future reference, in case I decide to upgrade to a V30+/S, what is LG's theming engine like? Are there a lot of choices? If I go with LG, I'd like to have an elegant theme, with perhaps a nice cursive font, like Edwardian Script, for example. I also plan to take advantage of the screen by using AMOLED settings wherever possible. I'm not one for a "busy" looking home screen in terms of cartoonish designs or loud colors on my wallpapers; only minimally, so as to keep as many pixels turned off to conserve battery. Are there some examples of the type of theme I'm looking for? I'm assuming I can customize my own theme? Feedback appreciated.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi folks,

Just for future reference, in case I decide to upgrade to a V30+/S, what is LG's theming engine like? Are there a lot of choices? If I go with LG, I'd like to have an elegant theme, with perhaps a nice cursive font, like Edwardian Script, for example. I also plan to take advantage of the screen by using AMOLED settings wherever possible. I'm not one for a "busy" looking home screen in terms of cartoonish designs or loud colors on my wallpapers; only minimally, so as to keep as many pixels turned off to conserve battery. Are there some examples of the type of theme I'm looking for? I'm assuming I can customize my own theme? Feedback appreciated.
There's few good themes on Google play store. Mark Bencze or Nguyen Ngoc, both I supported since LG V20-G6. They have good selection on light or dark theme. My favorite is pixel dark :)

Hope you get V30+ soon. T-Mobile don't carry anymore.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
The stock LG launcher and UI also support custom icon packs and fonts. You should be able to apply most icon packs available on the Play Store. You can download fonts from the Smartworld app that comes preinstalled (at least on my LG).

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,

I personally enjoy the high contrast theme because everything is black instead of white, i.e. reading mode or whatever you want to call it. Easier on the eyes and on the battery. But there are many options on the app store. Even vanilla mode isn't too bad. Lots of customization.