How is everyone's LG V30 Holding up?

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Are the LG V30's just as responsive as they were when you guys first got them? I haven't purchased one yet but I plan to. I just wanted to know if there was any jank in the software that causes it to slow down.
(Coming from a janky S7 Edge)

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I've had it since it came out, what's that, 5 months now, about? It's still as responsive as it was day 1, zero issues. I had to reset my S7 two months after getting it because it lagged so bad. Last year I got the S8+ but I never really liked the size and FPS location so all last year I used my Huawei Mate 9. I think the Mate 9 and V30 are the smoothest phones I've owned and I update 3x per year on T-Mobile’s Jump ON DEMAND plan.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had it since it came out, what's that, 5 months now, about? It's still as responsive as it was day 1, zero issues. I had to reset my S7 two months after getting it because it lagged so bad. Last year I got the S8+ but I never really liked the size and FPS location so all last year I used my Huawei Mate 9. I think the Mate 9 and V30 are the smoothest phones I've owned and I update 3x per year on T-Mobile’s Jump ON DEMAND plan.

That's great to hear! I'm about to upgrade and was going to dismiss the S9 because of its predecessors performance. I guess I will go with the V30.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't own a V30, but do own the V20 and it's still performing exceptionally well. I doubt the V30 will slow down anytime soon.

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I've had mine since launch day also. I have over 100 apps installed. Zero issues, great screen, no lag. I do have the habit of restarting all my phones once a week. The only issue has been finding a good screen protector. The sound with my SoundMagic E80s is phenomenal.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Are the LG V30's just as responsive as they were when you guys first got them? I haven't purchased one yet but I plan to. I just wanted to know if there was any jank in the software that causes it to slow down.

Fantastic. I got it on launch

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I have the LG V20 for over a year. ZERO problems, the phone functions like it did brand new. Other phones slow down after some time, LG never purposely slow down their devices. If you're worried about the phone slowing down, don't update it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Also, don't install too many junk apps, or just use Greenify to hibernate them. LG so far has been an honest company.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Samsung phones are known to slow down after awhile. Why is that? I'm not sure. Ask a Note 4 owner.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Had the V30 since launch day as well, no slowdowns of any kind. Although on my unit the USB C port has now carved a little inward so now it's a bit harder to get the phone to fast charge. There's also an issue where if it's running more than 7 days without a restart all data will just randomly stop working (including wifi) and the only way to fix it is a soft reset. Other than that, great phone and it has the best sound of any phone I've owned since my HTC One M8.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Had the V30 since launch day as well, no slowdowns of any kind. Although on my unit the USB C port has now caved a little inward so now it's a bit harder to get the phone to fast charge. There's also an issue where if it's running more than 7 days without a restart all data will just randomly stop working (including wifi) and the only way to fix it is a soft reset. Other than that, great phone and it has the best sound of any phone I've owned since my HTC One M8.

natehartey12

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

You know it's not 3 times a year anymore right?

wdblevin

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Had the V30 since launch day as well, no slowdowns of any kind. Although on my unit the USB C port has now carved a little inward so now it's a bit harder to get the phone to fast charge.

Ditto on both comments. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has found that I have to push in the charging cable just a touch firmer (only periodically) to get the fast charge going.

I also agree with other posters who noted on the periodic restart of the phone.

The one thing that has started to happen, but not all the time, is that when I punch in my voicemail password that the screen will go blank after each number and not record the press. At that point, I restart the device and all is well.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
No issues since I bought it when it came out.

When I got my 256GB iPhone 8 Plus, the weight of the V30 how light it is somewhat bothered me. I don't know, it feels "cheap?"

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
No issues since I bought it when it came out.

When I got my 256GB iPhone 8 Plus, the weight of the V30 how light it is somewhat bothered me. I don't know, it feels "cheap?"

That's what you get when you basically have circuitry sandwiched between sheets of glass. There's no reassuring heft going on.

Greg Desanto

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
This phone is amazing and with a 2 year warranty. I absolutely love it no complaints at all LG really came through with a exceptional phone.

JohnMcL7

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Samsung phones are known to slow down after awhile. Why is that? I'm not sure. Ask a Note 4 owner.

Note 4 owner here and can confirm Samsung phones 'don't just slow down after a while'. The Note 4's V6 update was not a good one and didn't run well on the phone but that's different to 'just slowing down' and my Note 8's performance is as good as when it started, perhaps in a few years when it gets a few big OS updates it won't be as well optimised but that's not unique to Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz