Hi all I recently purchased the V30+ and discovered something that I think is important to share with other users. I have no way of knowing if this problem is unique to my set up, but regardless it's some food for thought.

I noticed that the quality of my audio and it's volume was often inconsistent. For info I use Sony WH1000x Mk2 and obviously connect to the V30+ headphone jack and ensure the HiFi DAC is on. Some times when i connected and powered up my headphones I would get amazing audio and a powerful sound, not able to go above 60 volume without hurting my ears. Other times the sound would be somewhat lacklustre and I would have to go to 75 volume to even come close to the previous.

After some basic process of elimination I discovered that it was due to the sequence that I connect my headphones. If I connect the cable to my headphones first and then the V30+ I get the sub par sound, however if I connect the cable to the V30+ FIRST and then connect into the Sonys, I get the full HiFi experience.

In the end I do not know why this is. As I said, perhaps it is a problem unique to my gear, but nonetheless if you have a V30+ I would recommend comparing the audio you get out of it using the above method.

Peace!
    03-04-2018 03:13 AM
    More than likely, it's the astronomical impendence caused by the open circuit of not having the headphones connected to the cable. Good trick though.
    Jaysus likes this.
    03-04-2018 08:03 PM
    Hi all I recently purchased the V30+ and discovered something that I think is important to share with other users. I have no way of knowing if this problem is unique to my set up, but regardless it's some food for thought.

I noticed that the quality of my audio and it's volume was often inconsistent. For info I use Sony WH1000x Mk2 and obviously connect to the V30+ headphone jack and ensure the HiFi DAC is on. Some times when i connected and powered up my headphones I would get amazing audio and a powerful sound, not able to go above 60 volume without hurting my ears. Other times the sound would be somewhat lacklustre and I would have to go to 75 volume to even come close to the previous.

After some basic process of elimination I discovered that it was due to the sequence that I connect my headphones. If I connect the cable to my headphones first and then the V30+ I get the sub par sound, however if I connect the cable to the V30+ FIRST and then connect into the Sonys, I get the full HiFi experience.

In the end I do not know why this is. As I said, perhaps it is a problem unique to my gear, but nonetheless if you have a V30+ I would recommend comparing the audio you get out of it using the above method.

Peace!
    I don't think you're getting full output that way. When I did what you describe I got the external device setting which is the second output.
    03-04-2018 08:42 PM
    I don't think you're getting full output that way. When I did what you describe I got the external device setting which is the second output.
    How do you know you're getting the external device setting? And what do you mean by second output?
    03-04-2018 10:21 PM
    More than likely, it's the astronomical impendence caused by the open circuit of not having the headphones connected to the cable. Good trick though.
    Yeah I've been looking in to this a little more and it seems like it's actually a pretty well established trick to get more impedence out of the unit. This thread talks about normal, aux and high impedence settings that are triggered depending on what is connected.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lg-v30.858933/page-117
    03-04-2018 10:54 PM
    I think my last post may have been deleted because it contained a link to another forum -my bad. But yeah it turns out that the LG detects the impedence of the headphones you connect and chooses from HiFi, AUX or High Impedence (50ohm+)setting. A lot of people are finding that their headphones don't trigger anything above normal HiFi and subsequently they aren't getting enough juice to drive their headphones properly. My WH1000x are 46ohm, so just shy of triggering the High Impedence setting.
    03-04-2018 11:18 PM
    How do you know you're getting the external device setting? And what do you mean by second output?
    There are 3 output levels
    Normal
    External
    High impedance

You method triggers external for plugging into a aux jack like your car. You can see the level if you open the hifi sound setting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-04-2018 11:23 PM
    I am a reviewer on Head-Fi and my own blog...I just want to say all you have to do is plug your cable first always then attack IEM or HP and it automatically goes into "aux" mode. If you have the T-Mobile variant you can download HiFI Status from the app store and it will show you what mode you are in. I love the V30 sound but I always plug the cable in solely first

audiorabbithole.com
    03-05-2018 06:26 AM